CSIR Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI) has launched the country’s first interactive online repository, called IndAIR or Indian Air quality Interactive Repository. The repository is one of few such facilities in the world and has the maximum number of studies-262 concerning Delhi-NCR.
Objective: The project aims to make air quality research and studies in an easily accessible web format for the public, media, researchers and academics.
NEERI has been working to develop a web repository of all research that has been done on subjects in India. The endeavour will be first comprehensive effort to inventorise surviving Indian research and analysis on air pollution, its causes and effects.
It has archived about 700 scanned materials from pre-internet era, 170 reports and case studies, 1,215 research articles, 100 cases and more than 2,000 statutes to provide the history of air pollution research and legislation in India.
IndAIR began to document important milestones in India to make them available to public, help academicians and also enable policy-makers to frame legislations. The web facility would also be a useful platform for scientific community to share its current work and exchange ideas.
The website reveals air pollution was recognised as a subject in India even in 1905, when a study was carried out for Bengal Smoking Nuisance Ac and showcases how discussions on the ills of air pollution began wholeheartedly in 1970s, while studies were undertaken as early as 1950s.
Tags: air pollution • CSIR • IndAIR • Indian Air quality Interactive Repository • NEERI
Vigyanika is the International Science Literature Festival that is organised as a part of fifth India International Science Festival (IISF) at Kolkata. It also features a Science Book Fair where more than 30 publishers are to display their scientific publications
Highlights of the event
- Vigyanika is an annual event organised by Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences
- It is coordinated by the CSIR-NISCAIR (National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources), Vigyan Bharati and Vigyan Prasar
- The event will host panel discussions, paper presentations and invited talks on themes related to public engagement with science, science communication.
- It will also feature innovative formats of science communication such as poetry, drama and magic.
- The Science Book Fair is the most attractive feature of the event. Several Scientific institutes will also display their scientific publications that includes journals, encyclopedias, science magazines and other knowledge products. The fair is also organizing competitions like debates, cartoon, etc on scientific topics
Tags: CSIR • IISF 2019 • Ministry of Science & Technology • Science and Technology • Vigyan Prasar