Cuba Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian low-cost airlines SpiceJet has joined the International Air Transport Association (IATA). SpiceJet is the first Indian budget carrier to join the IATA, which has over 290 airlines as members.
The membership of IATA will allow SpiceJet to explore and grow its collaborations with international member airlines of IATA through interlining and code shares and also enables to seamlessly expand the network options for its passengers in future.
International Air Transport Association (IATA)
International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines and represents some 290 airlines which contribute to about 82% of total air traffic.
Functions of IATA
- IATA helps airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules.
- IATA provides professional support is provided to all industry stakeholders with a wide range of products and expert services.
- IATA aims to assist airlines by simplifying processes and increasing passenger convenience while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- IATA also aims to improve understanding of the air transport industry among decision makers and increase awareness of the benefits that aviation brings to national and global economies.
- IATA advocates for the interests of airlines across the globe and challenges unreasonable rules and charges and strive for sensible regulation.
IATA headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada supports airline activity and helps formulate industry policy and standards. IATA which is the successor to the International Air Traffic Association, which was formed in 1919 at The Hague was formed in April 1945 in Havana, Cuba.
President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on three nation official tour to Greece, Suriname and Cuba from 16 to 22 June 2018. Greece will be first leg of the visit followed by Suriname and Cuba. President will be accompanied by large delegation including Minister of State for Steel Vishnu Deo Sai.
Greece: President Kovind will meet Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos during his visit. He will also meet his Greek counterpart Alexis Tsipras and Leader of Opposition. He is scheduled to visit places of historical and archaeological importance and address the Indian diaspora. He will also visit Monument of Unknown Soldiers and lay wreath there.
Suriname: President Kovind will hold discussions with President Desire Delano Bouterse followed by official level talks. Besides, number of agreements and MoUs in the areas of health and medicine, elections, IT, Ayurveda are scheduled to be signed. India will offer Line of Credit (LoC) of $54.5 million to Suriname for solar related projects. Suriname is a founding member of the International Solar Alliance.
Cuba: President will hold wide range of discussions with Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez. Besides, number of agreements and MoUs in areas of bio technology, research and education in homeopathic medicine, traditional system of medicine and medicinal plants will be signed between both countries during the visit.