Culture Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat Parv is to be inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. It is organized by Kendra Vidhyalaya Sangathan under Ministry of HRD.
Highlights of the event
- The event is organized to showcase the spirit of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”. It promotes communication and artistic skills of students through various competitions
- The students will prepare their own projects and exhibits on customs, dress, agriculture, economy, climate and topography. This will act as a good platform for the children to understand the art and culture of the states.
- The event will also help the children overcome linguistic and geographical barriers and awaken a strong sense of national pride and widen their horizons with better cosmopolitan outlook.
- The regions will prepare exhibits based on theme Fit India, Swachh Bharat, Ban on Single use plastic, etc.
Kendra Vidya Sangathan
- The Kendra Vidya Sangathan is a system of central government schools that operate under Ministry of Human Resource Development
- There are over 1209 KVS in India
- It is one of the world’s largest chains of schools
- The system was begun in 1963.
- The schools are affiliated to the CBSE
- The objective is to educate the children of the Indian Defence Service personnel who are posted in remote locations. After the army begun its own Army Public schools the service was extended to the central government employees.
Tags: Culture • Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat • Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme • Human Resource Ministry • States
Italy’s hills of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene, which is home to world-famous sparkling wine Prosecco, were added by UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) to World Heritage list. The decision to add hills to list was taken at a meeting of UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee in Baku in Azerbaijan.
About Prosecco hills
The Conegliano and Valdobbiadene hills are where grapes grown produce famous prosecco sparking wine.
Location: These Prosecco hills are located northeast of Venice, have been cultivated for centuries. It stretch for 30 kilometres (nearly 20 miles)a
Landscape: It is characterised by hogback hills, ciglioni–small plots of vines on narrow grassy terraces- forests, small villages and farmland.
This rugged terrain has been shaped and adapted by man for centuries now.
Italy has been lobbying to have Prosecco hills receive World Heritage recognition for at least a decade.
It has now become Italy’s 55th World Heritage site.
Importance of Prosecco: The prosecco sparkling white wine has highest classification available to an Italian wine. It is produced in a territory spread over 9 provinces in Italy’s northeast. Sales of wine rose 6% in 2018 to 460 million bottles, of which 75% were exported. It has now become the most popular Italian wine abroad, with its exports seen rising by a record 21% in 2019 in foreign markets.