Current Affairs 2016 Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) has approved six Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) proposals worth Rs 1,200 crore. Decision in this regard was taken by FIPB meeting headed by Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das.
It has approved the proposals of, Star Den Media Services, Sanofi Synthelabo India, Idea Cellular Infrastructure Services, Menarini India, Boehringer Ingelheim India and Recipharm Participation.
India allows FDI in most sectors through the automatic route, but in certain segments considered sensitive for the economy and security, then those proposals first have to be cleared by FIPB. The Union Government has taken a slew of measures in the recent past to boost foreign direct investment into the country. The FDI in the country has grown to $40 billion in the financial year 2015-16 as against $30.94 billion in the previous FY 2014-15.
About Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB)
The FIPB is inter-ministerial body that offers a single window clearance for applications on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) that are under the approval route. The finance secretary is the chairman of the FIPB. It is housed in the Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance. Presently, FDI proposals up to 3,000 crore rupees are cleared by the FIPB. However, those proposals involving FDI of more than 3,000 crore rupees are given final clearance by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
Eminent Rajasthani litterateur Dr Satya Narayan was chosen for the 26th Bihari Puraskar 2016 by the K K Birla Foundation. He was been chosen for his Hindi book titled Yeh Ek Dunia published in 2010.
His Yeh Ek Dunia is a meticulous depiction of various circumstances of life in contemporary world. In it he has built a model of new creativity and attempts to enter unseen aspects or dimensions, where human experiences and conscience are more important than life situations of contemporary time zone.
About Dr Satya Narayan
- He also has penned “Ret Ki Kokh Mein”, “Phati Jeb Se Ek Din”, “Yahin Kahin Neend Thi” among others. He has also written for various newspapers and magazines including, “Yayavar Ki Diary”.
- He has been the recipient of several awards like ‘Acharya Niranjannath Samman’ by Sambodhan, Kankroli, ‘Kanhaiyaa Laal Sahal Award’ from Rajasthan Sahitya Akademi among others.
About Bihari Puraskar
- The award was instituted in 1991 by the K K Foundation. It is named after famous Hindi poet Bihari. It carries cash prize of Rs 2 lakhs, besides a citation and a plaque.
- It recognises outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani, published during the last ten years by a Rajasthani writer.
- The 2015 Bihari Puraskar was awarded to writer Bhagwati Lal Vyas for his Rajasthani poetry collection titled, “Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad”.