Cybersecurity Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) has signed cybersecurity agreement with its counterparts in Malaysia, Singapore and Japan.
In this regard, the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has apprised the Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) signed between CERT-In and 3 nations.
- These MoUs are related to cybersecurity and shall promote closer cooperation for exchange of knowledge and experience.
- Each signatory country will share knowledge and experience in resolution, detection and prevention of security related incidents between India and the respective country.
- Malaysia: MoU between CERT-In and its Malaysian counterpart was signed in Kuala Lumpur in November, 2015 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Malaysia.
- Singapore: MoU between CERT-In and Singapore Computer Emergency Response Team (SingCERT), Cyber Security Agency (CSA) was signed in November, 2015 during Prime Minister’s visit to Singapore.
- Japan: MoU between CERT-In and Japan Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Center (JPCERT/CC) was signed in December, 2015 through diplomatic exchange.
About Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
- CERT-In is nodal department under the aegis of Union Ministry of Communications and Information Technology that deals with cyber security threats like hacking and phishing in India.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Objective: To protect Indian cyberspace and software infrastructure against destructive and hacking activities. Strengthen security-related defence of the Indian Internet domain.
- Issue guidelines, vulnerability notes, advisories, and whitepapers regarding to information security practices, prevention,procedures, response and reporting of cyber security incidents.
Tags: Cabinet Decisions • CERT-In • Current Affairs 2016 • Cybersecurity • Japan