Cycling Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Luis Leao Pinto of Portugal has won 2015 MTB Himalaya Title, Asia’s premier mountain biking race for the second time in the Solo Men’s category.
With this victory he received the crown tile of ‘King of the Himalaya’ which he had earlier won in year 2013.
He took time of 27:29:22 to complete 500 km long 7 stages biking race which ended at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Results of Solo Men’s category: Luis Leao Pinto (Portugal), Andi Seewald (Germany), Pau Zamora (Spain).
Open Women’s Solo category: Catherine Williamson from United Kingdom has emerged as winner in the Open Women’s Solo category. She was followed by Ilda Periera of Portugal and Laxmi Magar from Nepal for second and third position respectively.
About MTB Himalaya Race
- MTB Himalaya Race is an annual mountain bike race held in the mountainous state of Himachal Pradesh.
- It was started in 2005 and is considered as Asia’s premier mountain biking race.
- The race covers nearly 500 km in a span of 8 days with 7 stages at a net elevation of approximately 50,000 feet. It is sponsored by Hero Cycles India.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Cycling • Himachal Pradesh • Portugal • Sports
Cyclist Chris Froome from Britain of Team Sky has won the 102nd edition Tour de France, an annual three-week multiple stage bicycle race at Champs Elysees in Paris.
This is second time Froome has won Tour de France title and for the first time he had won it 2013.With this victory, he became the first cyclist from Britain to win the Tour de France for the second time.
It should be noted that the Team Sky has won the race for the 3rd time in last four Tour de France seasons i.e. in 2012, 2013 and 2015.
Top 5 Winners of Tour de France 2015:
- 1st- Chris Froome (Britain) of Team Sky.
- 2nd- Nairo Quintana (Colombia) of Movistar Team.
- 3rd- Alejandro Valverde (Spain) of Movistar Team.
- 4th- Vincenzo Nibali (Kazakhstan) of Astana Pro Team.
- 5th- Alberto Contador (Spain) of Tinkoff-Saxo Team.
About Tour de France
- Tour de France is an annual multiple stage bicycle race primarily held in France. It was first organized in 1903 and currently run by the Amaury Sport Organisation.
- The prestigious cycle race is 3 week-long, traditionally held every year in the month of July and covers around 3,500 kms.
- Each year the route of race changes but the format remains same with the appearance of time trials. The race route passes through the mountain chains of Pyrenees, Alps and finish on the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Cycling • France • Sports • Tour de France