Czech Republic Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Australian Open which is the first of the four Grand Slam tennis event concluded at Melbourne in Australia. Nicknamed as the happy slam, the Australian Open has grown to become the largest annual sporting event in the Southern Hemisphere.
Grand Slam tennis events
Apart from Australian Open, Other Grand Slam tennis events are French Open, Wimbledon, and the US Open.
Winners of the Australian Open 2019
The Winners of the Australian Open 2019 are:
- Women’s Singles: Naomi Osaka of Japan.
- Men’s Singles: Novak Djokovic of Serbia.
- Women’s Doubles: Samantha Stosur of Australia and Zhang Shuai of China.
- Men’s Doubles: Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut of France.
- Mixed Doubles: Czech Republic’s Barbora Krejcikova and Rajeev Ram of the US.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia become the first man to win seven titles at Australian Open. The victory of Naomi Osaka of Japan cements her place as number one women singles player of the world.
Tags: Australia • Australian Open • Australian Open 2019 • Barbora Krejcikova • China • Czech Republic • France • happy slam • Japan • Melbourne • Naomi Osaka • Nicolas Mahut • Novak Djokovic • Pierre-Hugues Herbert • Rajeev Ram • Samantha Stosur • Serbia • US • Zhang Shuai
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 9th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Summit. On the occasion, the Prime Minister also set the target for breaching into top 50 rankings of the ease of doing business.
The three-day Vibrant Gujarat Summit will witness the participation of the heads of five countries Uzbekistan, Rwanda, Denmark, Czech Republic and Malta – and over 30,000 national and international delegates. A round-table interaction with the heads of global funds, ‘Africa Day’ and an MSME convention would also be held during the convention.
Vibrant Gujarat Summit
Vibrant Gujarat Summit conceptualized in 2003 by then Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi, to establish Gujarat as a preferred investment destination within India.
The objectives of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit are:
- Strengthen the foundation for Gujarat to become economically and socially the most developed state in India by 2030, at par with the best in the developed world.
- Leveraging Gujarat’s manufacturing leadership in the country and it’s economic strength, to connect the global investor with India and the state.
- Attract the brightest minds from across the world to ideate, showcase innovation and best practices, and discuss their application to the state and the nation.
- Empower India to compete with the best global economies.
- Provide a platform for global business networking.
Over the time the Summit has evolved into a platform for brainstorming on agendas of global socio-economic development, in addition to being a facilitator for knowledge sharing and forging effective partnerships.