Data science Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
According to Indian Staffing Federation’s (ISF) Tech Employment Projections, the Indian tech industry will add another three million new jobs in next 5 years.
- With the addition of 3 million new jobs in next 5 years, the size of country’s tech army will reach seven million by 2023.
- Job Areas: All these new technical jobs would come up in digital technology areas such as Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Science, Internet of things (IOT), Analytics, Big Data, Blockchain and Augmented Reality (AR).
- These newer technology areas which at presently are relatively unknown, are expected to emerge and evolve in the next few years.
- Significance: The data shows visible behavioral change happening in global IT and ITes sectors. These employment projections give big relief to millions of software engineering students and young techies, amid talks about jobless growth with automation that may replace humans with robots.
- Data Collected: Data for projections are gathered from interaction with companies, such as Indian tech firms, global capability centres of hundreds of international firms, MNCs, enterprises like e-com, BFSI, pharma and telecom etc
- It shows that due to technology innovation activities in India, the new and existing Global In-House Centres (GCCs) have increased hiring. Also, other than 1,300 global in-house centres (earlier called captive units) presently working in India, about 400 new are coming up in 2019.
- It emphasises that India does not have a job problem rather an employed poverty problem.
- Suggestions: The only sustainable way to address job problem is by industrialisation, formalisation, urbanisation and financialisation of India’s human capital.
About Global In-House Centres (GCCs)
- GCCs were called Captive Centers in early 1990s.
- These are offshore centers (business unit) of a company that performs designated functions for large organizations. Although it is an entity on its own but at the same time retains work and close operational tie ups within the parent company.
About India Staffing Federation (ISF)
- It is a global Multinational organization (MNC) based in United States. It is also the apex body for ‘flexi’ working industry.
- It acts as an organizing union mainly for ethnic Indians in fields of job recruitment, and also performs outsourcing functions for businesses like employment background screening.
Tags: Analytics • Artificial Intelligence (AI) • Big Data • Blockchain and Augmented Reality (AR) • Captive Centers
Researchers from Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), Gyan Data (an IIT-M incubated company) together with experts from ESPNcricinfo have launched Superstats, a new metrics to analyse the game of cricket.
Superstats comprises of three metrics: Luck Index, Forecaster, and Smart Stats. Superstats which is based on data science also ventures into new territories such as luck and forecasting to give a context to every event in a game during this IPL season.
Taking into account score-cards i.e. ball by ball database of all IPL matches played in India in the last ten years, researchers have developed an algorithm based on machine learning system.
This algorithm processes accurate, fast data and quantifies impact of luck and analyzes the real value of a player’s performance in real-time.
Superstats will provide the viewers with a new experience wherein where match information, analysis and projection are backed with data science.