David Warner Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Mumbai Indians won Indian Premier League title by defeating Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in final at Hyderabad by 1 run.
Mumbai Indians defeated Chennai Super Kings by only one run and won IPL 2019 title. This was Mumbai Indians 4th Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy and became first team to do so.
IPL Awards 2019
- David Warner of Sunrisers Hyderabad won Orange Cap for most runs. He scored 692 runs.
- Imran Tahir of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) won Purple Cap for taking most wickets. He was the highest wicket-taker in tournament with 26 wickets. Tahir also became the oldest player to feature in an IPL final and is only 2nd spinner after Pragyan Ojha to win Purple Cap.
- Andre Russell of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) was named Most Valuable Player. He scored 510 runs, took 11 wickets and hit the most sixes in 2019 season. He also won the title of Super Striker of the Season for a strike rate of 204.81
- Shubman Gill of KKR was named Emerging Player of the IPL Tournament.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad bagged the Fairplay award of IPL 2019.
- Hardik Pandya of Mumbai Indians (MI) won Fastest Fifty of Season.
- Kieron Pollard of MI won Perfect Catch of the Season.
- Rahul Chahar of MI was named Game Changer of the Season.
- KL Rahul of Kings XI Punjab was named Stylish Player of the Season.
- All the award winners were handed over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh each.
About Indian Premier League (IPL)
- It was founded by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2008.
- It is a professional Twenty20 (i.e. T20 format) cricket league which is played every year in India during month of March or April and May. In total it has 48 match days and about 60 matches.
- It is contested by eight teams representing eight different cities in India. The participant players are from other countries as well.
- This 2019 season was 12th edition of the IPL.
Tags: Andre Russell • Board of Control for Cricket in India • David Warner • Emerging Player of the IPL Tournament • Fairplay award
Australian cricketer David Warner was fined by the International Cricket Council (ICC) over speak in English spat with Indian counterpart Rohit Sharma.
He was fined 50 per cent of his match fee over the incident.
Incident: David Warner had demanded Sharma speak English instead of his native Hindi during India- Australia’s tri-series ODI match held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
The incident was sparked after India batsman Rohit Sharma ran a contentious single off an overthrow the Australians believed came after Warner’s return deflected off Sharma. It should be noted that Cricket etiquette dictates that batsmen do not run when a throw deflects off their body or bat.