Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana Current Affairs
Government launches PAISA Portal under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission
Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched ‘PAiSA’ – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access during National Workshop on Municipal Finance and Urban Planning held in New Delhi.
It is centralised electronic platform for quicker processing of loans under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM). It aims to connect directly with beneficiaries and ensure there is greater efficiency in the delivery of services. It has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, the nodal bank under the scheme. All 35 States and Union Territories (UTs) & all scheduled commercial banks, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) and Cooperative Banks are expected to be on board the PAiSA portal the year end.
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM)
It is Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented by Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation. Its objective is to uplift urban poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.
Its intended beneficiaries are urban poor (street vendors, slum dwellers, homeless, rag pickers); unemployed and differently abled. It provides for employment through Skill Training and Placement through City Livelihood Centers to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households.
It also provides social mobilization and institution development through formation of Self-Help Groups (SHG) for training members and hand holding, an initial support of 10, 000 is given for each group.
It also provides subsidy to urban poor i.e. interest subsidy of 5% – 7% for setting up individual micro-enterprises with loan of up to 2 lakhs and for group enterprises with loan limit of up to Rs.10 lakhs.
It fully funds cost of construction of shelters for urban homeless. It also provides for development of vendor markets and also promotion of skills for vendors through setting up infrastructure and special projects for rag picker and differently abled etc.
Tags: DAY-NULM • Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana • Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana • Economy • Homelessness • Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs • Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation • National Urban Livelihoods Mission • PAiSA Portal • Paisa Region • Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access • Poverty in India • Regional Rural Bank
The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between Ministry of Rural Development and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) to improve effectiveness of rural development programmes in country.
The Inter-Governmental MoU on Joint Technical and South-South Cooperation will provide for collaboration on activities of common interest to support an integrated approach to rural poverty reduction through activities. These activities will aim to promote economic empowerment of rural women, access of rural poor to natural resources.
- The MoU aims to improve effectiveness of rural development programmes in India and facilitate knowledge sharing by exchange of visits and dialogue for knowledge and experience sharing.
- It will facilitate South-South cooperation mechanisms around Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)’s experience.
- It will strengthen vertical upscaling of livelihoods of rural populations supported by DAY-NRLM, develop inclusive and sustainable value chains for key crops and agro-industrial products.
- It will also facilitate employment diversification, skills development for rural youth, strengthen social protection, risk management mechanisms.
- It will also provide collaboration to support an integrated approach to rural poverty reduction through activities aimed to promote economic empowerment of rural women, access of rural poor to natural resources and their sustainable use and social protection.
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY -NRLM)
- DAY-NRLM is a flagship rural poverty reduction program of Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- It launched with an objective of social mobilization, financial inclusion and sustainable livelihoods promotion.
- It aims at creating effective and efficient institutional platforms for rural poor by increasing household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improving access to financial services.
- One of its major focus areas is promotion of existing livelihood portfolios of the rural poor in farm and non-farm sectors.