Defence Research and Development Organisation Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test-fired indigenously designed and developed Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in the deserts of Pokhran in Rajasthan.
Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) incorporates many advanced features, including, image infrared radar (IIR) seeker with integrated avionics.
- MPATGM is a third-generation anti-tank guided missile (ATGM), developed by DRDO in association with VEM Technologies Ltd.
- MPATGM is fitted with high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead.
- MPATGM has a top attack capability and has a maximum engagement range of about 2.5 kilometres.
- MPATGM capable of being fired from the shoulder and can be used during day and night.
MPATGM are being developed to replace the French origin anti-tank guided missile Milan and Soviet semi-automatic wire-guided missile Konkur in service with Indian Army. The test trail at Rajasthan was the fourth overall development trial of the MPATGM.
Tags: Anti-Tank Guided Missile • ATGM • Defence Research and Development Organisation • DRDO • high-explosive anti-tank • image infrared radar • Konkur • Man Portable Anti tank guided missile • Milan • MPATGM • Pokhran • Rajasthan
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a range of combat drugs can extend the golden hour till the trooper is shifted to hospital. This range of drugs can bring down the death toll during instances like the recent Pulwama Terrorist Attack.
Combat Casualty Drugs
- The spectrum includes bleeding wound sealants, super absorptive dressings and glycerinated salines, all of which can save lives in the event of warfare in jungle and high altitude areas as well as in terror attacks.
- These medicines ensure that soldiers do not suffer from unwanted blood loss while being taken to better healthcare from war zones.
- Glycerated saline, a battlefield intravenous fluid that does not freeze till -18 degrees Celsius and is useful in handling trauma cases in high altitude areas.
- Glycerated saline has life-saving capacities as it gives more time to the medical personnel to shift the wounded patient to a higher care facility.
This range of casualty drugs are aimed at enhancing the chances of survival and minimum disability by providing effective first aid care is given within the golden hour.