DefExpo India- 2020 Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Ministry of Defence (MoD) is organizing the “Def Connect” event on November 11, 2019. The main objective of the event is to showcase the accomplishments of iDEX-Innovations for Defence Exellence.
- The event will bring together several stakeholders such as MoD selected startups, nodal agencies of Indian Navy and Indian Air Force, Industrial Associations, DRDO, Defense PSUs, etc.
- The iDEX portal and the DISC-Defense India Startup Challenge are to be launched during the event
- More than 350 startups are to participate in the event
- The event will help bridge the gap between stakeholders. It will act as a precursor to the forthcoming DefExpo 2020 that is to be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in 2020.
- The event will also help in achieving the defense production target of Rs 35,000 crore by 2024.
- It was introduced in 2018 by the Ministry of Defense
- The initiative aims at creating an ecosystem that will encourage technology development in the Defense sector
- The iDex will be operated by the DIO-Defense Innovation Organization. The main functions of DIO includes
- Check the reports submitted by iDEX
- Provide high level policy guidance
- The Ministry had also set the Technology Development Fund alongside to hasten the initiative.
Tags: Defence exports • Defence Technology • DefExpo India- 2020 • iDEX • Union Ministry of Defence
The 11th DefExpo is scheduled to be held for the first time in Lucknow between 5th and 8th February 2020. It is an exhibition where the Indian Defense industry showcase its capabilities and promotes its export potential. It is a biennial exhibition. The last DefExpo was held in Chennai in 2018.
Theme: India: The Emerging Defense Manufacturing Hub.
The website www.defexpo.gov.in was launched by Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on September 30, 2019. The website provides online services to the exhibitors. It also hosts informative content about the product profile of DPSU – Defense Public Sector Undertaking.
The site allows to register and book spaces that will be awarded on first come first serve basis. The public entry is free and is fixed on February 8. However, the interested should pre – register on the website and obtain e – ticket sent to their registered mail.