Delhi-Meerut Package-3 Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the Delhi-Meerut Package-3 connecting Dasna in Ghaziabad to Hapur. It is the most awaited third package of Delhi Meerut expressway.
About Delhi-Meerut Package-3
It is a 22 kilometre-long stretch built with a cost of Rs.1989 crore. The ambitious project boasts several underpasses and construction of a major bridge across upper Ganga canal.
The project will help in decongesting National Capital Region (NCR) and will bring significant reduction in pollution level. It will also lead to reduction in travel time by more than an hour.
The Package 3 has-
- A 6 lane section with 2 plus 2 lane service road on either sides
- An important 4.68 long 6 lane elevated cooridor at Pilkhuwa.
This 4.68-km long 6-lane elevated corridor at Pilkhuwa has been conferred Gold Medal for innovation in construction technology. Also, Pilkhuwa Viaduct has also been awarded as outstanding concrete structure of western UP.
The Delhi-Meerut Expressway project
It is 82 kilometre-long Delhi-Meerut Expressway that connects Delhi with Meerut in western Uttar Pradesh.
It is being implemented in four packages-
- 7 kilometre-long expressway from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to UP Gate which was already completed in June 2018 under Phase-I
- 28 km long 6-lane expressway/ 8-lane NH 24 from Ghazipur border to Dasna in UP (which is 60% complete)
- 23 km long 6-lane NH 24 with 2+2 lane service roads on either sides from Dasna to Hapur in UP (which is inaugurated)
- 78 kilometre-long greenfield six-lane expressway from Hapur to Meerut, under Phase-IV which is expected to be completed by end of 2019.
Tags: Delhi-Meerut Package-3 • Expressway • Ministry of Road Transport and Highways • National Capital Region • Nitin Gadkari