Delhi Police Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A new building of Police Headquarters (PHQ) was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Home Affairs Shri Amit shah. The officers and Jawans of Delhi Police Wing are getting a new building headquarters after 70 years. The building was opened on October 31, 2019 to commemorate Sardar Vallabhai Patel’s birth Anniversary.
About the building
- The PHQ is unique in its implementation as the plans were under taken on a public private partnership mode
- It was built at a cost of 286 crores
- It has 18 floors that are designed to accommodate control rooms, conference rooms, communication centres, etc.
- Police forces are important for stable law and order in the country.
- The contributions and sacrifices made by the Police officers are seldom highlighted. Also, a kind of negative protection demoralizes the police force. To change this image, GoI had developed National Police Memorial in New Delhi that chronicles the sacrifices of over 34,000 officers and jawans who laid their lives for the country.
- 25% of the Delhi Police Force is earmarked for VVIP security
- It comes under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Home Affairs and not under Government of Delhi.
- They are deployed close to PM residence, Rashtrapthi Bhavan, Residence of ministers, MPs, judges, etc.
Tags: Delhi Police • Home Minister • Home Minister Amit Shah • Indian Police • Law and Order
Delhi Police signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to set up Rooftop Solar Energy Systems in more than 200 of its buildings across the city.
Key Highlights of MoU
As per MoU, SECI will support implementation of grid-connected rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on establishments of Delhi police. This is because solar energy is economical as well as environmental friendly.
Capacity: Under this green initiative project, Rooftop Solar Systems of total capacity of about 3-4 MW will be implemented across various Delhi Police buildings.
Need: As per Delhi Police, it has more than 200 establishments spread across city and their electricity requirements are quite significant. Thus project intends to utilize these vacant roofs of their buildings so as to harness solar energy and also to cater part of their electricity demand via generated green energy.
Significance: MOU will go a long way in making Delhi green and will be optimally used in buildings and complexes available with Delhi Police all across the city. It will not only result in significant reduction on electricity bill payments of Delhi Police but also further cause of ‘Clean Energy‘.
Way Ahead: Project would be completed soon in a phased manner with active cooperation between two agencies involved.
About Solar Energy Corporation of India
SECI is a company under Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
It is government’s nodal agency for implementation of the National Solar Mission (NSM). It is the only Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) dedicated to solar energy sector.
It was established on 20 September 2011 and originally incorporated as a section-25 (not for profit) company under Companies Act 1956. Later through Centre Government’s decision company has been converted into a Section-3 company under Companies Act, 2013. This mandate of company has also been broadened to cover entire renewable energy domain.
Tags: Companies Act 1956 • Delhi Police • Memorandum of Understanding • National Solar Mission • Rooftop Solar Energy Systems