Denmark Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India was placed at 117th position in the recently released World Happiness Report 2015 among the 158 studied nations.
The report was published by the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN).
Key facts from report
- Top five countries: Switzerland (1st), Iceland (2nd), Denmark (3rd), Norway (4th) and Canada (5th).
- Bottom five countries: Rwanda (154th), Benin (155th), Syria (156th), Burundi (157th) and Togo (158th).
- Other countries: United States (15th), United Kingdom (21th), Japan (46th) and China (84th).
- India is ranked below countries like Pakistan (81st), Bangladesh (109th), Ukraine (111th) and Iraq (112th).
About World Happiness Report
- The report aims at influencing government policy.
- The report is prepared based upon study undertaken by Gallup World Poll.
- The data is used to ranked nations based upon variables such as real GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy, corruption levels and social freedoms.
World Number one ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on 29 March 2015 won India Open Super Series Badminton Women’s Singles 2015 Title.
She defeated Thailand’s Ratchanok Intanon in the final match played at Siri Fort Indoor Complex in New Delhi in straight sets 21-16, 21-14.
Men’s Single’s Title
India’s Srikanth Kidambi has won India Open Super Series Badminton Men’s Singles 2015 Title. In the final match he defeated Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen in three games 18-21, 21-13 and 21-12.
Men’s Doubles Title
China’s Chai Biao and Hong Wei pair has won India Open Super Series Badminton Men’s Doubles 2015 Title. In the final match Chinese pair defeated Denmark’s Conrad-Petersen Mads and Pieler Kolding Mads pair by 21-18, 21-14 score.
Women’s Doubles Title
Number one ranked Japanese pair of Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka Takahashi has won India Open Super Series Badminton Women’s Doubles 2015 Title. In the final match, Japanese pair has defeated Chinese pair Japanese pair by 21-19, 21-19 score.
Mixed Doubles Title
Second-ranked Chinese pair of Yixin Bao and Cheng Liu has won India Open Super Series Badminton Mixed Doubles 2015 Title. In the final match, Chinese pair defeated Number one ranked Danish pair of Christinna Pedersen and Joachim Fischer Nielsen by score 21-19 21-19.