Denmark Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian won women’s Kabaddi World Cup 2013 championship for a third consecutive time, vanquishing debutant New Zealand in the final match played at Guru Gobind Singh sports complex in Jalandhar, Punjab.
Women’s World Cup Kabaddi 2013:
Organizer: Government of Punjab, India
Final Match: Guru Gobind Singh sports complex in Jalandhar, Punjab.
Teams Played: 8 Teams viz. India, Pakistan, Denmark, England, Kenya, Mexico, New Zealand, and United States
Winner: India defeated New Zealand
Key Players: India’s Anu Rani declared Best Stopper and Ram Bateri was announced Best Raider.
According to a survey by corruption watchdog Transparency International, India is positioned at 94th place on corruption index which ranked 177 countries. Afghanistan, North Korea and Somalia are viewed as the world’s most corrupt countries while Denmark and New Zealand have scored the best.
As per Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2013:
- India, with a score of 36 out of 100, ranked 94 on the index, above Pakistan at rank 127 but below China which stood at the 80th position.
- Globally, almost 70% of countries are found to have a “serious problem” with public servants on the take, and none of the 177 countries surveyed this year achieved a perfect score.
- Performance of countries like Syria, Libya and Mali which are ridden with war and conflicts deteriorated the most on the index.
- Bhutan ranked 31st, Sri Lanka 91, Nepal 116, Pakistan 127 and Bangladesh 136.
- In 2012, Bhutan was ranked 33rd, Sri Lanka at 79, Nepal 139, Pakistan 139 and Bangladesh 144.
- India remained stagnant at the same 94th spot both in 2013 and 2012.
- Among BRICS group, India is behind China (80th), South Africa and Brazil (both 72nd). It is, however, better than Russia (127th).
- Denmark and New Zealand have scored the best on the index.
- Afghanistan, North Korea and Somalia are categorized as the world’s most corrupt.
Top 10 least corrupt countries in the world, according to the CPI 2013:
- New Zealand (tied with Denmark for No. 1)
- Sweden (tied with Finland for No. 3)
- Singapore (tied with Norway for No. 5)
- Canada (tied with Australia for No. 9)