Denmark Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index make the following observations:
- Denmark is the world least corrupt country scoring 88 out of 100 points. Denmark is followed by New Zealand and Finland.
- Somalia has been ranked last with a score of 10 behind South Sudan and Syria.
- More than two-thirds of evaluated countries scored below 50 points, while the average score remained at last year’s level of only 43 points.
- Estonia, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and Guyana demonstrated most improvements since 2012.
- The 2018 rankings showed an increase in the perceived corruption in Australia, Chile and Malta.
- For the first time since the United States dropped out of the top 20 and it was ranked at 22nd rank.
- Along with Brazil, US was placed in the watch list by Transparency International.
Top and Bottom Countries
Region Wise Performance
The report highlights a connection between healthy democracies and successfully fighting corruption in the public sector and notes that corruption is much more likely to flourish where democratic foundations are weak.
Tags: Australia • Brazil • Chile • Corruption Perception Index 2018 • Cote d'Ivoire
The Indonesian Masters Badminton Tournament 2019 is organized by the Badminton Association of Indonesia. It was the third tournament of the 2019 BWF World Tour. The winners under the various categories are listed below:
- Women’s Singles: Saina Nehwal (India).
- Men’s Singles: Anders Antonsen (Denmark).
- Women’s Doubles: Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka Takahashi (Japan).
- Men’s Doubles: Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia).
- Mixed Doubles: Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong (China).
The tournament was held at the Istora Gelora Bung Karno in Jakarta, Indonesia. from 22 to 27 January 2019 offered a total purse of $350,000.
Tags: Anders Antonsen • Ayaka Takahashi • China • Denmark • Huang Yaqiong