Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the setting up of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage and Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will be the head the steering committee.
Mandate of the Mission
- The Mission will recommend and drive the strategies for transformative mobility and Phased Manufacturing Programmes for Electric Vehicles and its Components and Batteries.
- The National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage will determine the contours of Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP) which will be launched to localize production across the entire EV value chain.
- The Mission will finalise the value addition that can be achieved with each phase of localisation with a clear Make in India strategy for the electric vehicle components as well as battery.
- The Mission will coordinate with key stakeholders in Ministries/ Departments and the states to integrate various initiatives to transform mobility in India.
Impact of the Mission
- The Mission will boost mobility solutions that will bring in significant benefits to the industry, economy and country.
- These solutions proposed by the Mission will help improve air quality in cities along with reducing India’s oil import dependence and enhance the uptake of renewable energy and storage solutions.
- The Mission will lay down the strategy and roadmap which will enable India to leverage upon its size and scale to develop a competitive domestic manufacturing ecosystem for electric mobility.
- The Mission will promote ‘Ease of Living’ and enhance the quality of life of our citizens and also provide employment opportunities through ‘Make-in-India’ across a range of skillsets.
The other members of the steering committee headed by the Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant are Secretaries from Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Heavy Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, and Director General, Bureau of Industrial Standards.
Tags: Bureau of Industrial Standards. • Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. • Department of Heavy Industry • Department of Science and Technology • Ease of Living • Electric Vehicles • Make in India • Ministry of New and Renewable Energy • Ministry of Power • Ministry of Road Transport and Highways • National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage • Niti Aayog • Phased Manufacturing Program • PHP
Union Minister for Commerce and Industries Suresh Prabhu has launched the tutorial video on Intellectual Property Rights and the GI website.
Tutorial Video on IPR
- The tutorial video has been produced by the Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in collaboration with Qualcomm.
- This tutorial video explains the fundamentals of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) such as Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks.
- India’s first Intellectual Property (IP) Mascot, IP Nani features in a series of short animated videos, to spread awareness about the importance of IPRs amongst children.
- The tutorial video can be can be used in schools without any external intervention from teachers or experts and will aid in reaching a large number of schools and students, thereby overcoming issues of bandwidth and limited resources.
Geographical Indication (GI) is a name or sign used on products which correspond to a specific geographical location or origin. Geographical Indication act as a certification that the product possesses certain qualities, is made according to traditional methods or enjoys a certain reputation, due to its geographical origin.
Website of Geographical Indication of India
Geographical Indications (GI) of India website showcases Indian GIs products, classified state wise as well as product category wise. The website with specific and comprehensive details of the geographical area, description of the product, uniqueness, history, product process/ processing in addition to enlisting GI authorized users will increase the visibility and marketability of GIs of India and hence help in their commercialization.
Tags: Cell for IPR Promotion and Management • CIPAM • Copyrights • Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. • Intellectual Property Rights • IP Nani • IPR • Patents • Qualcomm • Trademarks. • Union Minister for Commerce and Industries