Deradicalisation Programme Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Maharashtra Government has rolled out Deradicalisation Programme for the minority community to counter both home-grown extremism and the global Islamic State (IS) threat.
The plan has been chalked out by the State Home Department that includes a 50-point socio-economic strategy.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has approved the proposal in this regard and also has passed a government resolution on it.
Key features of Programme
- Aims to bringing youth especially from the minority community into the mainstream and make coordinated efforts and policies in different 13 sectors for their empowerment.
- It also seeks to create an environment of solidarity and trust among the minority community and envisages that various government schemes to reach out to them.
- It includes opening of vyayam shalas in minority areas, making National Cadet Corps (NCC), Bharat Scouts and Guides (BSG) compulsory in minority schools.
- It also has provisions for setting up an independent media outlet in order to deliver ‘mainstream thoughts and values’ to the minority youth.
- Plans to teach religious texts from all sects in minority schools and teaching merits of democratic states and demerits of dictatorships as a separate chapter in the Urdu textbooks.
- Under it, Urdu language will be taught in 300 Marathi schools. 5 minority areas will be also developed as urban smart clusters.