DGPs Conference Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 51st Annual Conference of Directors-General of Police of States was held at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) in Hyderabad, Telangana.
The three day (from November 25-27, 2016) conference was inaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. It was attended by around 100 DGPs of states, Director Generals of Central paramilitary forces and their Inspectors General.
- The Conference focused on cross-border terrorism, infiltration and radicalisation of youth into Middle East terrorist groups like ISIS.
- Besides, it also discussed issues related to reforms in police forces, filling up of vacant posts in various police forces, menace of narcotics smuggling and human trafficking.
- It concluded with presentations made by the delegates on Challenges posed by Communication Technology, Technology Deficit in Policing and the threat of Radicalization.
- Prime Minister Narendra addressed the conference on second day and took part in the ‘Yoga session’ at . He also launched a mobile app Indian Police at Your Call.
- Besides, Presidents Police Medals and Police Medals were also presented to the officers of the Intelligence Bureau during the conference.
This was for the third time since Independence that the annual DGPs conference was held outside New Delhi. It was held in Guwahati (Assam) in 2014 and Kutch (Gujarat) in 2015. The idea of holding the meeting of DGPs and IGPs outside New Delhi was mooted by Prime Minister Modi after he assumed power in 2014.
Tags: DGPs Conference • Events • Internal Security • Narendra Modi • National