Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojanas Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Pranab Mukherjee has picked up lucky winners from the 100th draw of lots under the digital payments promotion schemes Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
Total the six winners were selected — three consumers and three merchants of Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
The winners will be felicitated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 14 in Nagpur (Maharashtra) on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti.
- The winners were identified through a random draw of eligible Transaction IDs by software developed by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Consumer section: The first mega prize of Rs. 1 crore went to a customer of Central Bank of India.
- The second prize of Rs. 50 lakh went to Bank of Baroda customer and third prize of Rs. 25 lakh went to customer of Punjab National Bank. Selected customers had done transactions using their RuPay debit cards.
- Merchants Sections: Top three merchants won prizes of Rs.50 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh and Rs. 12 lakh, respectively.
- Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana are award based schemes launched by NITI Aayog to encourage consumers and merchants for transition to digital payments in post demonitisation.
- These schemes aim to give cash awards to consumers and merchants who utilize digital payment instruments for personal consumption expenditures.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) was the implementing agency for these schemes.
- Transactions using USSD, UPI, RuPay and AEPS will only be covered under these schemes. It did not covered digital payments made through credit cards and e-wallets.
- These schemes primarily focused on bringing the poor, lower middle class and small businesses into the digital payment fold and restricted its focus on transactions within the range of Rs 50 and Rs 3000.
- Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana was for merchants across the country having POS (Point of Sale) machines for undertaking cashless transactions.