Digital Economy Current Affairs - 2020
The Indian Railways recently launched Artificial Intelligence based chatbot called “ASKDISHA”. The chatbot will interact with the Railway customers in Hindi language resolving their queries.
The Chatbot was initially launched in 2018 in English. Now, the chatbot has been empowered to converse in Hindi. The bot handles more than 3.000 inquiries. There are further plans to launch the chatbot in more languages.
AI in Indian Railways
Indian Railways is the fourth largest in the world. The technology of Artificial Intelligence in Indian Railways is implemented in the following areas
- To Schedule trains
- To control speed of the trains
- Delay prediction and Reduction. GoI is currently planning to extend this application to inform passengers about the delay in trains.
In the Union Budget 202, Rs 1.61 lakh crores were allocated for Indian Railways. This is 3% higher than the previous year budget allocation. With this, GoI plans to make the railway stations smarter with faster Wi-Fi and easy smart digital technology-based ticketing.
Tags: Artificial Intelligence • Digital Economy • Indian Railways • Railway Modernisation • Railway Station Development Program
The Reserve Bank of India has launched National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (2019-24). The main motive of the strategy is to provide access to financial services in an affordable manner.
The Strategy has been launched after thorough consultation with SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India), PFRDA (Pension fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and also Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The strategy was launched based on the recommendations of the Financial Inclusion Advisory Committee that worked in consultation with the above agencies.
The following are the recommendations included in the strategy
- The committee has recommended Universal Financial Access. Under this, every village will have formal financial service provider within a radius of 5 km.
- The committee has recommended for the strengthening of Digital Financial Services to reach a less-cash society by 2022.
- Every adult registered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana should be enrolled in pension scheme and insurance scheme
- The Public Credit Registry shall be made completely operational by March 2022.
Tags: Digital Economy • Financial Inclusion • IRDAI • Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana • SEBI