Digital Economy Current Affairs - 2020

Karnataka Cabinet approves Karnataka Digital Economy Mission

On July 23, 2020, the Karnataka cabinet cleared the formation of Karnataka Digital Economy Mission. . Highlights The Mission is being launched under the provision of Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. Under the mission being launched, the Karnataka Government will hold 49% of shares of the companies and the rest 51% by the Read More…

G20 Digital Economy Ministers meet held through video conference

On April 30, 2020, G20 Digital Economy Ministers meeting was convened. A ministerial statement was issued by the G20 Digital Economy Task Force at the meet. India was represented by the Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. Highlights According to the meet, the ministers have decided on the following To strengthen communication infrastructure To improve infrastructure Read More…

Artificial Intelligence based Chatbot ASKDISHA launched by the Railways

The Indian Railways recently launched Artificial Intelligence based chatbot called “ASKDISHA”. The chatbot will interact with the Railway customers in Hindi language resolving their queries. Highlights The Chatbot was initially launched in 2018 in English. Now, the chatbot has been empowered to converse in Hindi. The bot handles more than 3.000 inquiries. There are further Read More…

RBI launches 5-year Financial Inclusion Strategy

The Reserve Bank of India has launched National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (2019-24). The main motive of the strategy is to provide access to financial services in an affordable manner. Highlights The Strategy has been launched after thorough consultation with SEBI (Securities Exchange Board of India), PFRDA (Pension fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India) Read More…

RBI to release Digital Payment Index by July 2020

The Reserve Bank of India announced that it will create a Digital Payment Index by July 2020. The main aim of the index creation is to capture the extent of digitization of monetary payments in the country Highlights With the launch of Digital India and the GoI’s push towards Digital Economy, the digital payments in Read More…