Digital India Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Tech giant Google and Union Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) launched ‘Build for Digital India’ programme for engineering students. Google and Meity have signed a statement of intent for rolling out the programme.
About ‘Build for Digital India’ programme
Objective: The programme will offer a platform to engineering students for developing market-ready, technology-based solutions that addresses key social problems.
Process: Applicants will take part in online and offline learning opportunities on key technologies which includes Machine Learning (ML), Cloud and Android that will be offered by Google’s Developer Student Club network and other Google Developer networks.
Google will also offer mentorship sessions in strategy, product design and technology to most promising products and prototypes.
Addressing key social problems:
As part of programme, engineering students across India will be invited to present their ideas and solutions in areas such as education, agriculture, healthcare, women safety, infrastructure, smart cities, smart mobility and transportation, environment, accessibility and disability as well as digital literacy.
AI can help address the toughest social challenges of India:
Advanced new technologies such as Machine Learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) can help address at scale some of toughest social challenges that India faces today.
Significance: This initiative will not only motivate college students across India to innovate but will also produce some good technology solutions for some major social challenges of India.
It will also inspire and equip young engineers with technical and entrepreneurial skills and mentorship they need to turn their bright ideas into tomorrow’s breakthrough solutions.
Tags: Artificial Intelligence • Build for Digital India programme • Digital India • Engineering Students • Google
The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 successfully concluded at Shillong, capital of Meghalaya with the adoption of ‘Shillong Declaration’ on e-Governance.
It was organized by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAPRG), Ministry of Personnel and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), in collaboration with Government of Meghalaya organized from 8-9 August 2019. Its theme was “Digital India: Success to Excellence”. On sidelines of this conference, an exhibition was also organized during the event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance.
Shillong Declaration calls for
- Improving citizen’s experience with Government services by promoting timely implementation of India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) and implementing single sign-on for interoperability and
- integration among e-Government applications throughout the country
- Consolidating plethora of successful State level e-Governance projects and domain-based projects with focus to replicate them as common application software.
- Taking steps to further improve connectivity in North Eastern (NE) States of India by addressing issues of telecommunications connectivity at grassroot level and formulating and implementing comprehensive telecom development plan.
- Taking steps for enhancing activities of Electronics Sector Skill Council in NE States and explore possibility for opening an electronics skill center in Shillong.
- Promoting use of e-Office and moving towards less paper state secretariats in NE States and in District level offices.
- Improving quality of delivery of e-Services in North East to fulfil vision of improved citizen experience
- Developing India as global cloud hub and facilitate development of Government applications and databases on Cloud by default
- Adopting emerging technologies for finding e-Governance solutions
- Promoting Digital India Projects with focus on Smart Villages and Smart Cities through Startups and Smart Entrepreneurship.