Digital India Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a slew of new initiatives and programmes, including BHIM 2.0 that packs-in new functionalities, supports additional languages and has increased transaction limits.
He also launched a host of new initiatives including MeitY Startup Hub (MSH) portal, Indian Software Product Registry and selected Incubation Centres under Technology Incubation Development for Entrepreneurs 2.0 (TIDE 2.0).
TIDE 2.0– It is aimed at strengthening nearly 2000 technology based startups in areas of national concern by taking advantage of emerging technologies as well as empowering 51 incubation centers across the country.
About Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)
BHIM is a UPI based payment interface application that allows real time fund transfer. It is developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and was launched in December 2016. It is in line with government’s vision of Digital India.
BHIM 2.0 Features
The upgradation has added a bunch of new functionalities and has made app more feature-rich and effective.
The new version of BHIM also supports three additional languages- Konkani, Haryanvi and Bhojpuri, over and above existing 13.
- ‘Donation’ gateway
- Increased transaction limits for high value transactions- increasing the existing cap of Rs. 20,000 and now up to Rs. 1,00,000 from verified merchants.
- Llinking multiple bank accounts
- Offers from merchants
- Option of applying in IPO
- Gifting money
Tags: BHIM • Digital India • MeitY Startup Hub • NPCI • TIDE
The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a series of new initiatives at the Start-Up Summit at New Delhi
Highlights of the summit
- The MeitY Startup Hub was launched. The Hub will facilitate the vision of the Ministry towards technology, startups, innovation and creation of intellectual properties. The Software Technology Parks of India will act as the nodal agency in implementing the scheme
- The summit aims to bring the key stake holders and startups of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) together
- During the summit the entrepreneurs and startups will share effective techniques and strategies.
- The participators of the summit will also work together to bring in focus of venture capital and government around their processes and strategies.
Highlights of the Ministers’ speech in the event
- “Reform, Preform and Transform” are the key focus areas of the GoI
- The Transformation Technology schemes in India are playing a vital role. It includes Digital India, make in India, Startup India and Smart Cities
- The Digital Initiatives like eNam, Digital payments and eVisas have shown tremendous maturity and growth
- Around 1.25 lakh Gram Panchayats are connected to optical fiber.
- The TIDE-Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs launched in 2008 and the TIDE 2.0 version launched in June 2018 has multi prolonged approach in diverse areas like ICT, management and Electronics.