Digital Literacy Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
WhatsApp and National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) have decided to work together to impart digital literacy for curbing the menace of fake news before the general elections.
Fake News are the stories which appear to be news, spread on the internet or other social media, usually created to influence political views or as a joke.
Imparting Digital literacy to Curb Fake News
- WhatsApp and NASSCOM Foundation will train nearly 1,00,000 Indians to spot false information and provide tips and tricks to stay safe on WhatsApp.
- The training curriculum involves real-world anecdote tools that can be used to verify a forwarded message and actions that users can take including reporting problematic content to fact checkers and other law enforcement agencies will be disseminated in multiple regional languages.
- The training is aimed at educating people throughout India to be mindful of the messages they receive and to verify the facts before forwarding.
- The training will be imparted by volunteers from NASSCOM Foundation through “each one teach three” campaign that mandates every volunteer to share their learnings with three more persons leading to a network effect.
- Further to enhance the reach of the campaign volunteers will post their takeaways from the workshops on their social media handles.
The initiative is aimed at eliminating the miscreants who entice anger and hatred by spreading false and doctored information through technology platforms like WhatsApp.
Tags: Digital Literacy • Fake News • NASSCOM • NASSCOM Foundation • National Association of Software and Services Companies
Atal Innovation Mission and software major Adobe have signed a Statement of Intent to collaborate on enhancing digital literacy and creativity skills. Under the agreement, Adobe would implement the Digital Disha Programme across 100 schools under Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) initiative.
Teachers and Children across these 100 schools would benefit from the creative learning resources via free access to Adobe Spark premium. This would empower them with new age skills to thrive in the current digital era and preparing them for long term success.
Atal Tinkering Labs
Atal Tinkering Labs is the flagship initiative undertaken by NITI Aayog under the Atal Innovation Mission. Atal Tinkering Labs are aimed at inculcating the values of innovation, technology and entrepreneurship amongst India’s youngsters. Atal Tinkering Labs are dedicated works spaces where students (Class 6th to Class 12th) learn innovation skills and develop ideas that will go on to transform India.
Digital Disha Programme
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has partnered with Adobe to launch Adobe Digital Disha Programme. Under the Adobe Digital Disha Programme, the Adobe would provide Adobe Spark application, a fun and frictionless storytelling Creative Cloud application free of charge for education and skill development.