Digital Transformation Current Affairs - 2020
The 23rd National Conference on E-Governance was held in Mumbai to transform governance using digital technologies. The conference adopted Mumbai Declaration.
The Conference also assessed the national e-governance services being delivered by all the states and Union Territories. Delhi, Chandigarh and Daman and Diu emerged as the leaders in delivering e-governance services among Union Territories. Among the states, Haryana and Rajasthan emerged as leaders.
The Conference also awarded the National E-Governance awards.
The awards were presented to government entities that excelled in implementing National E-Governance initiatives. National Health Authority and Ayushman Bharat received gold awards under the category of government process re-engineering for Digital Transformation. Under the category of providing citizen-centric delivery of services, Department of IT of Haryana received the gold medal.
The golden award for outstanding research on citizen-centric services was presented to IIT Roorkee’s Satellite based agriculture information system. Among the North-Eastern States, Nagaland won the first rank.
Tags: Conferences • Digital Connectivity • Digital Transformation • e-governance • Governance
The winners of the Businessline Changemaker Award for 2019 are listed below:
- Changemaker Of The Year: Petitioners against Section 377.
- Changemaker Of The Year: GST Council.
- Iconic Changemaker: Bezwada Wilson (Safai Karmachari Andoloan).
- Social Transformation: The Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences.
- Digital Transformation: eNAM (Electronic National Agriculture Market).
- Young Changemaker: Anju Verma (promoting the education of underprivileged children).
- Young Changemaker: Kush and Arjun Pandey (developers of ScoutMe app for tapping football talent).
Businessline Changemaker Awards
Businessline Changemaker Awards were constituted in the year 2018 to mark the completion of 25 years by the Hindu Business Line. The awards seek to celebrate the Changemaker maker individuals, entities and organisations, who through their work, have contributed to materially improve the condition of society, economy and the planet.
The Awards honour the Changemakers who have impacted society in a very big and in a very positive way with their work which has helped enhance the quality of life and livelihoods and made the world a better place.