DIPP Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) has revised North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIP), 2007.
The revision of policy stipulates mandatory disbursal of subsidies payable to all industrial units in northeast through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mechanism by Chief Controller of Accounts (Industry).
- Industrial units which had commenced production on or after December 1, 2014 and on or before March 31, 2017 will be eligible for incentives as per the revised norms of subsidy.
- It will also include existing units which go in for substantial expansion and commence commercial production on or before March 2017.
- For this purpose, the industrial units need to get themselves registered on the e-payment portal by providing required bank details.
- The subsidy for the existing and new industrial units going for substantial expansion will be limited Rs 3 crore per industrial unit operating in services sector and Rs 5 crore per industrial unit operating in manufacturing sector.
- The limit for automatic approval of subsidy at the rate of 30% of the investment in plant and machinery will continue to be upto Rs 1.5 crore per unit.
- In case for grant of capital investment subsidy higher than Rs 1.5 crore and upto a maximum of Rs 5 crore will be approved by empowered committee chaired by Secretary, DIPP.
Tags: Business • DIPP • Economy • National • North East
E-commerce giant Amazon has launched its global startup program ‘Launchpad’ in India. The program will enable Indian startups to sell their products overseas.
In this regard, Amazon India has tied up with Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)’s Start Up India and NASSCOM.
Amazon also has partnered with NASSCOM’s 10,000 Startups and Indian Angel Network (IAN) along with NITI Aayog, Governments of Maharashtra, Telangana and TiE to help roll in startups.
- The Amazon Launchpad was started in 2015. It aims to help startups to sell, market, and deliver their products to gain more visibility.
- Through this programme Amazon partners with startups and sells their products on its e-commerce platform.
- Now it is available in seven regions and features over 400 products from different startups including 25 Indian startups.
Amazon Launchpad will provide an exceptional opportunity for Indian Startups to get access to big consumer markets nationally and internationally. Through this program small entrepreneurs and innovators can leverage Amazon’s online platform to increase scale of their businesses and get easy access to global markets.