DISHA Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has constituted the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) for effective development and coordination of Central Government’s programme. It will be known as DISHA and first meeting will be held on August 13, 2016.
It will monitor the implementation of 28 schemes and programmes of Union Ministry of Rural Development and other Ministries to promote synergy and convergence for greater impact.
- The main purpose of the DISHA is to coordinate with Central and State and local Panchayat Governments.
- It has been created for effective coordination and development of Central Government’s programme for infrastructure development or Social and human resource development.
- The Chairperson of the committee will be the senior most Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) elected from the district, nominated by the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- It will ensure the participation of people’s representative at all levels and successful implementation of flagship programme of central government.
Terms of references of DISHA
- Ensure that all Central Government programmes are implemented in accordance with the guidelines.
- Look into complaints and alleged irregularities received in the implementation of the programmes. In this regard it will have authority to summon and inspect any record.
- Refer any matter for enquiry to the District Collector or CEO of the Zilla Panchayat and Project Director of DRDA (or Poverty Alleviation Unit).
- Suggest suitable action to be taken in accordance with the rules which should be acted upon by District Collector or CEO within 30 days.
- Closely review the flow of funds including the funds allocated, funds released by both Union Government and the State. It will also review utilization and unspent balances under each Scheme.