e-governance Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 successfully concluded at Shillong, capital of Meghalaya with the adoption of ‘Shillong Declaration’ on e-Governance.
It was organized by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAPRG), Ministry of Personnel and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), in collaboration with Government of Meghalaya organized from 8-9 August 2019. Its theme was “Digital India: Success to Excellence”. On sidelines of this conference, an exhibition was also organized during the event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance.
Shillong Declaration calls for
- Improving citizen’s experience with Government services by promoting timely implementation of India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) and implementing single sign-on for interoperability and
- integration among e-Government applications throughout the country
- Consolidating plethora of successful State level e-Governance projects and domain-based projects with focus to replicate them as common application software.
- Taking steps to further improve connectivity in North Eastern (NE) States of India by addressing issues of telecommunications connectivity at grassroot level and formulating and implementing comprehensive telecom development plan.
- Taking steps for enhancing activities of Electronics Sector Skill Council in NE States and explore possibility for opening an electronics skill center in Shillong.
- Promoting use of e-Office and moving towards less paper state secretariats in NE States and in District level offices.
- Improving quality of delivery of e-Services in North East to fulfil vision of improved citizen experience
- Developing India as global cloud hub and facilitate development of Government applications and databases on Cloud by default
- Adopting emerging technologies for finding e-Governance solutions
- Promoting Digital India Projects with focus on Smart Villages and Smart Cities through Startups and Smart Entrepreneurship.
Tags: 22nd National Conference on e-Governance • Digital India • e-governance • India Enterprise Architecture • NCeG 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired his 30th interaction through ‘PRAGATI’ (Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation) platform. It is Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-based, multi-modal platforms.
Key Highlights of Interaction
Some of the issues discussed during PM Modi’s 30th interaction through ‘PRAGATI’ platform included-
Progress in resolution of grievances under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) and directed all concerned officers to work diligently to achieve government’s objective of providing Housing for All by 2022.
Progress made under Ayushmann Bharat scheme (or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or National Health Protection Scheme) and called for dialogue with state governments to evolve best practices and further improvements in scheme. A study on positive impacts of scheme in aspirational districts could be undertaken.
Progress made by government under Saugamya Bharat Abhiyan (or Accessible India Campaign, a program to serve differently-able community of country) PM suggested of developing a mechanism to collect feedback from Divyangjan or persons with disability (PwD) on accessibility issues faced by them in public premises.
Progress made by 8 important infrastructure projects in Railway and Road sectors. These railways and road projects are spread over states such as Uttar Pradesh (UP), Madhya Pradesh (UP), Odisha, Himachal Pradesh (HP), Bihar, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation)
It is a unique integrating, interactive multi-purpose and multi-modal platform which is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of Central Government as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
It is an innovative project in e-governance initiative and good governance.
It uniquely bundles 3 latest technologies– (1) Digital data management, (2) Video-conferencing and (3) Geo-spatial technology.
3-Tier System: Platform offers unique combination in Cooperative Federalism as it brings Prime Minister Office (PMO), Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of States all on one stage.