e-governance Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired his 30th interaction through ‘PRAGATI’ (Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation) platform. It is Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-based, multi-modal platforms.
Key Highlights of Interaction
Some of the issues discussed during PM Modi’s 30th interaction through ‘PRAGATI’ platform included-
Progress in resolution of grievances under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) and directed all concerned officers to work diligently to achieve government’s objective of providing Housing for All by 2022.
Progress made under Ayushmann Bharat scheme (or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or National Health Protection Scheme) and called for dialogue with state governments to evolve best practices and further improvements in scheme. A study on positive impacts of scheme in aspirational districts could be undertaken.
Progress made by government under Saugamya Bharat Abhiyan (or Accessible India Campaign, a program to serve differently-able community of country) PM suggested of developing a mechanism to collect feedback from Divyangjan or persons with disability (PwD) on accessibility issues faced by them in public premises.
Progress made by 8 important infrastructure projects in Railway and Road sectors. These railways and road projects are spread over states such as Uttar Pradesh (UP), Madhya Pradesh (UP), Odisha, Himachal Pradesh (HP), Bihar, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation)
It is a unique integrating, interactive multi-purpose and multi-modal platform which is aimed at addressing common man’s grievances, and simultaneously monitoring and reviewing important programmes and projects of Central Government as well as projects flagged by State Governments.
It is an innovative project in e-governance initiative and good governance.
It uniquely bundles 3 latest technologies– (1) Digital data management, (2) Video-conferencing and (3) Geo-spatial technology.
3-Tier System: Platform offers unique combination in Cooperative Federalism as it brings Prime Minister Office (PMO), Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of States all on one stage.
Tags: Cooperative Federalism • e-governance • good governance • Housing for All by 2022 • PRAGATI platform
The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 will be held in Shillong, capital of Meghalaya. This will be for first time this mega knowledge sharing event will be organized in the north-eastern region of the country.
22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019
- Organized by: Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in association with Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Meghalaya State Government. It is being held in Shillong is part of the DARPG’s 100 days initiatives.
- Theme of the conference: ‘Digital India: Success to Excellence’. Besides there will be discussions held on five sub-themes in plenary sessions during conference. Four breakout sessions will be held on the sub-themes.
- Purpose: It will provide considerable momentum to e-Governance initiatives in North east region, providing opportunities to civil servants and others to showcase their successful interventions in improving end-to-end service deliver
- Participation: It will see participation of as many as 28 states and eight Union Territories and over 450 delegates.
- Exhibition: It will be also held on sidelines of this event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance, along with hall of fame/photo exhibition on the award winners.