e-governance Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Railways on 21 April 2015 launched E-Samiksha, an online monitoring mechanism.
E-Samiksha aims at monitoring implementation of various ongoing projects of Indian Railways on real-time basis including Rail Budget proposals.
It was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
Facts about E-Samiksha
- E-Samiksha is designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- It has been developed to make it a highly interactive web-based, user-friendly and customised system.
- E-Samiksha will be used to monitor budget-related projects and also for monitoring the infrastructure target and board meeting follow-up.
- Currently, it is being used by Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office and other Ministries for monitoring progress implementation of various programmes and follow-up of meetings.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • e-governance • Government policy • Indian Railways
Union Government has launched Pharma Jan Samadhan scheme, for redressal of grievances of consumers related to drug pricing and availability of medicines.
It was launched by Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Ananth Kumar in New Delhi.
About Pharma Jan Samadhan scheme
- The scheme is a web-enabled system created by National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA).
- It seeks to serve as a robust E-governance tool for protection of interests of consumers through effective implementation of the price of drugs.
- The scheme will provide consumers with an online facility to redress their complaints related to over-pricing of medicines, non-availability of medicines and refusal of supply for sale of any medicine without good and sufficient reason.
- After receiving the complaint, NPPA will initiate action on any complaint within 48 hrs.
- The scheme also seeks to create awareness among the people and act as a deterrent against black-marketing, spurious medicines and inflated cost of drugs by creating phama-literacy initiative.