e-governance Current Affairs - 2020
The Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Sanjay Dhotre launched the Shala Darpan Portal for Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS). It is an end to end e-Governance school automation and management system for NVS.
What is Shala Darpan portal?
It provides an integrated platform to meet the educational and administrative needs of all stakeholders (students, parents and teachers) and is capable of sending and receiving effective dialogue between every stakeholder. It will integrate all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas with a common standard which includes around 636 schools and 2.67 million students.
This single integrated platform is developed for knowledge dissemination and information sharing for 22,000 employees and more than 2 lakh students across NVS’s schools and offices. The platform at minimum cost of Rs.6 crore abides by Guidelines for Indian Government Websites(GIGS).
Major Components: It includes integrated content management portal which consists of 636 websites of Navodaya schools across India. It will contain information relating to service record, transfer or posting, disciplinary action and ACR tracking. Apart from strengthening budget and finance management system, the portal will also improve mess management and hostel conditions
This portal has been designed from Open Source Technology and hence the cost incurred was very low (meagre budget) and up-dation cost in future will remain low.
The major effect will be end to end info sharing, proper analytical details, better transparency in evaluation of teachers and students both, 654 bilingual platform for each schooland role-based access to have better evaluation at every stage.
What are Navodaya Vidyalayas?
They are co-educational residential schools established by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti which is an autonomous organization under Union Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to provide quality modern education. The Navodaya Vidyalayas and its teachers plays a crucial contribution in educationally uplifting the rural children.
Tags: e-governance • Ministry of Human Resources Development • Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti • Navodaya Vidyalayas • Sanjay Dhotre
The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2019 successfully concluded at Shillong, capital of Meghalaya with the adoption of ‘Shillong Declaration’ on e-Governance.
It was organized by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DAPRG), Ministry of Personnel and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), in collaboration with Government of Meghalaya organized from 8-9 August 2019. Its theme was “Digital India: Success to Excellence”. On sidelines of this conference, an exhibition was also organized during the event to showcase India’s achievements in the field of e-Governance.
Shillong Declaration calls for
- Improving citizen’s experience with Government services by promoting timely implementation of India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) and implementing single sign-on for interoperability and
- integration among e-Government applications throughout the country
- Consolidating plethora of successful State level e-Governance projects and domain-based projects with focus to replicate them as common application software.
- Taking steps to further improve connectivity in North Eastern (NE) States of India by addressing issues of telecommunications connectivity at grassroot level and formulating and implementing comprehensive telecom development plan.
- Taking steps for enhancing activities of Electronics Sector Skill Council in NE States and explore possibility for opening an electronics skill center in Shillong.
- Promoting use of e-Office and moving towards less paper state secretariats in NE States and in District level offices.
- Improving quality of delivery of e-Services in North East to fulfil vision of improved citizen experience
- Developing India as global cloud hub and facilitate development of Government applications and databases on Cloud by default
- Adopting emerging technologies for finding e-Governance solutions
- Promoting Digital India Projects with focus on Smart Villages and Smart Cities through Startups and Smart Entrepreneurship.