East Coast Railway Zone Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Railways’ 2nd UDAY (Utkrisht Double Decker Air Conditioned Yatri) Express will run between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada to cater to busy route in East Coast Railway zone (ECoR), one of 18 railway zones of Indian Railways. The 1st double-decker UDAY Express started service between Coimbatore and Bangalore in June 2018. Another Uday Express is proposed between Bangalore City and Chennai Central.
About UDAY Express
It is a specially-designed double decker air conditioned train with chair car coaches which is primarily allocated to routes with heavy passenger traffic. It is equipped with WiFi facility, have striking interiors, cushioned seating, and display screens.
2nd Uday Express:
Train consists of 9 double-decker coaches and 2 power cars.
This new UDAY Express will boast several modern features such as cushioned seating, LED screen in pantry-cum-dining area for entertainment of passengers, automatic food and beverages vending machine, smoke detection alarm system, modular bio-toilets among others.
Passenger Capacity– It will have a carrying capacity of 50 passengers on upper deck, 48 on lower deck and 22 on ends.
Coaches: Out of 8 coaches, 3 coaches will have dining facilities with a seating capacity of 104 passengers each and other 5 coaches will be without dining area with seating capacity of 120 passengers.
Schedule: Departure time of train number 22701 Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada Uday Express from Visakhapatnam is 05:45 am and it will reach Vijayawada at 11:15 am. On its return journey, train number 22702 will leave Vijayawada at 5:30 pm and reach Visakhapatnam at 10:55 pm.
Train Stoppages between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada: Duvvada, Anakapalle, Tuni, Samarlakota, Rajamahendravaram, and Eluru.
Date of introduction of train has not been decide yet.
Tags: Double Decker Train • East Coast Railway Zone • Indian Railways • Second UDAY Express • Utkrisht Double Decker Air Conditioned Yatri Express
The Union Minister for Railways Piyush Goyal has announced the creation of new railway zone for Andra Pradesh, Southern Coast Railway Zone to be headquartered in Visakhapatnam.
Key Facts about the Southern Coast Railway Zone
- The Southern Coast Railway zone would comprise of existing Guntakal, Guntur and Vijayawada divisions that currently fall under the South Central Railway and the South Central Railway will then consist of the Hyderabad, Secunderabad and Nanded divisions.
- Waltair division under the East Coast Railway Zone, covering the northern districts of Andhra Pradesh, parts of Chhattisgarh and Odisha will be split into two.
- One part will be incorporated in the new zone and merged with the neighbouring Vijayawada division, the remaining portion will be converted into a new division, headquartered at Rayagada, under the East Coast Railway (ECoR).
- Under item 8 of Schedule 13 (Infrastructure) of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 Indian Railways was required to examine establishing a new railway zone in the successor state of Andhra Pradesh. Southern Coast Railway Zone is a step forward in this direction.
- The establishment is largely seen as a political move since the Railway Minister has given assent to the creation of new zone despite the internal report of the Railway Board calling it “catastrophic”.
- The report had said that creation of a new zone in Andhra Pradesh would be “like putting many nails in the coffin of the Indian Railways.
The South Coast Railway zone would be an 18th Railway zone in the country. Currently, India has 17 zones and a total of 73 divisions.