Education Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
As per the higher education figures released by the University Grants Commission (UGC), in 2011-12 only 1% of students enrolled for research programmes as compared to 86% who received graduation degree in 2012. As per statistics, just 12% received post graduation degree and only 1% went for PhD degrees. Diploma and certificate holders also constituted just 1%.
Key Statistical findings:
Out of the total PhD degrees awarded in 2010-11
- 5,232 (32.5%) received it for research in Science subjects. Science included ayurveda, dentistry, homoeopathy, nursing, pharmacy, public health or social preventive medicine, unani, tibiya, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and siddha.
- 5,037 (31.3%) for arts subjects including humanities, social sciences and languages.
- Engineering and Technology subjects were the next most popular field for pursuing research, with 10% completing it.
- Medicine, Agriculture and Law had about 3% of the total research degree holders.
- Library and information sciences, fine arts, journalism and mass communication, physical education and social work, comprised the remaining 4% degree awardees.
HCL Infosystems Ltd and Educomp Solutions Ltd. have signed an agreement. As per the agreement, HCL Infosystems will provide life cycle services for existing and new Educomp classrooms across India. Life Cycle services include providing break-fix support and field repair services along with managing new installations in the Educomp Classrooms.
About Educomp Solutions Ltd:
Educomp is one the leading providers of technology enabled education solutions and services for K-12 (from Kindergarten to to Class 12) institutions. The company was set up in 1994 by Mr. Shantanu Prakash and was initially engaged in setting up and maintaining of computer labs in private schools and in government schools on contract basis.
EducompSmartclass has reached to around 15,000 schools and 7 million students. HCL Learning will continue to focus on growing its business of providing IT solutions and content to the Indian Education segment. Currently, HCL Learning has over 12000 classrooms, 60 career development centres and offers content as well as innovative products such as DigiSchool and Xcelerate.