Education Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
According to Status of Education Report (ASER) 2016, students of Himachal Pradesh stand ahead of Kerala and all other states in terms of learning outcomes.
The 2016 ASER was the largest annual household survey of the children in India in the field of education. It focused on status of schooling and basic learning.
- The report found that enrolment rate of students in the age group 6 to 14 in Himachal Pradesh was 99.8%. It secured first rank in achieving learning outcomes in basic reading and mathematics across the country.
- In language category, outcome of government schools in Himachal Pradesh was 65.3% as compared to the national level of 41.6%.
- In mathematics, outcome of Himachal Pradesh was 47.4% as compared to the national level of 21.1%. It was found that government schools the state performed better than private schools in mathematics.
- In learning of English language, Himachal Pradesh ranked fifth in the country with 44% outcome compared to 15.3% achievement at national level.
Tags: ASER • Education • Himachal Pradesh • National • Primary Education
The Union Government launched a dedicated web portal ShaGun (http://ssashagun.nic.in) for monitoring the progress of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA).
The portal was developed by World Bank in collaboration with Union Ministry of Human Resource Development. Its name has been derived from the words Shala (means schools) and Gun (i.e. Gunvatta meaning Quality).
- ShaGun portal was developed with a twin track approach to monitor schools under the SSA and also the quality of education imparted by them.
- It will capture and showcase innovations and progress in Elementary Education sector of India by continuous monitoring SSA.
- ShaGun will help in monitoring progress in implementation of SSA by assessing the performance of states/UTs on key parameters that will help Government to plan and deliver quality education to all.
- It will collect and report data to enable the government and administrators to track the efficiency with which SSA funds are being utilised and the results are been delivered.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA): It is a centrally sponsored flagship scheme for providing universal access to education to children in the age group of six to fourteen years of age.
In addition, Toolkit for Master Trainers in Preparing Teachers for Inclusive Education for Children with Special Needs (CWSN) was also unveiled. The toolkit is part of the series of 5 training modules that will provide the teachers with practical information on the effective inclusion of CWSN. It will help in building pedagogical practices that will address the needs of all children with special needs.