eGovernance Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has launched Employees Online (EO) App.
The mobile application aims to update on Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appointments and postings on real time basis and to bring transparency.
The EO App has been developed keeping in mind the spirit of maximum Governance, minimum Government and meet the need of the hour to bring high-tech systems in the governance.
Key Features of App
- Enable its users, to stay updated on real time basis with appointments and postings approved by the ACC and vacancies at senior level in the Central Government.
- Eliminate the information asymmetry in appointments and postings and will reduce speculations regarding transfers and postings in the Union Government.
- Make the system completely transparent as all the relevant orders and notifications will now be instantly available in the public domain.
- Provide personal records like Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR), Immovable Property Return (IPR), Executive Record (ER) sheet to IAS officers on Pan India basis and officers serving under Central Staffing Scheme.
Tags: DoPT • eGovernance • National
The Union Cabinet approved establishment and operationalisation of a National Academic Depository (NAD).
Under it all academic degrees, certificates and awards in the country will be made digitally available for verification on single spot.
- The NAD will be established and operationalised within the next three months. It will be rolled out throughout the country in 2017-18.
- It will be operationalised by NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML) and CDSL Ventures, Limited (CVL).
The Finance Minister’s Budget Speech (2016) had incorporated commitment to establish a Digital Depository for school learning certificates, degrees and other academic awards of Higher Education Institutions, on the pattern of a Securities Depository.
How it will work?
- Academic institutions will be directed to upload and authenticate all documents in digital form into the NAD system
- The NAD will register educational institutions/eligibility assessment bodies/boards, students and other users/verifying entities like employer companies, banks, government agencies and academic institutions.
- It will provide digital or a printed copy of the academic award with security features to the students or other authorized users.
- Besides, NAD will also verify academic awards online on the same day of request initiated by any authorized user.
- Requests for access to academic awards will be on basis of consent of the owner. For ex, access from potential employers and academic institutions will be only on the basis of consent of the student.
- NAD will maintain the authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of its database. It will root out fake degrees.