Election Commission Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Election Commission of India hosted the first ever International Conference on Voter Education in New Delhi.
The three day (from 19 to 21 October, 2016) conference was inaugurated by the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Dr Nasim Zaidi.
- The topic of the first of its kind conference is Voter Education for Inclusive, Informed and Ethical Participation. 27 countries and 5 international organizations are participating in it.
- It has been organized with an aim to share best practices, initiatives and policies of voter education by election management bodies.
- It aims at achieving a resolution to strengthen inclusive, ethical and informed electoral participation among member countries with the help of voter education and outreach.
- It will deliberate upon five topics ranging from Role of Information Communication Technology in Voter Education, Electoral Literacy to Enhanced participation by special categories of voters and Strategies for Informed and Ethical Voting.
- The Conference will see the launch of the ambitious VoICE.NET project, a Global Knowledge Network on voter education.
- Besides, an exhibition showcasing Voter Education tools and materials will be also organized on the occasion.
Tags: Election Commission • Events • National
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has collaborated with social networking giant Facebook to register young voters in 5 states, which are going to polls in 2017.
These five states are Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Goa, Manipur and Uttarakh.The purpose first-of-its-kind voter registration drive is to encourage youth to participate in the democratic exercise.
- The services of Facebook will be used to link all the eligible voters who are 18 years and above to the National Voters Services Portal (NVSP).
- Facebook users from these five states will receive a reminder in their Facebook account’s News Feed sector to register to vote.
- By clicking on the ‘Register Now’ button, people will be directed to the NVSP which will guide them through the registration process. Facebook has 148 million monthly active users in India.