Electric Vehicles Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and United Kingdom launched two-year joint initiative- Innovating for Clean Air (IfCA) n Bengaluru, capital of Karnataka. It is aimed at providing unique air quality measurement system by integrating satellite and sensor data and support India’s transition to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
Innovating for Clean Air (IfCA)
- Features: It will identify innovations having potential to improve air quality and contribute to more detailed localised map of air quality of Bengaluru through unique combination of satellite and sensor data, including both on-the-ground and mobile data.
- It will identify relevant challenges around EV-charging infrastructure, integrating renewable energy and grid management to ensure sufficient, reliable and clean source of power.
- It will also facilitate opportunities for Indian and UK innovators to collaborate in developing long-lasting relationships to address these challenges.
- Participating bodies in programme: It is led by Innovate UK — part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and is funded by Newton Fund with matched resources from various key partners in Karnataka and India, like Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Enzen, Project Lithium, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) , C40 Cities and Clean Air Platform.
- Its other partners include Indian Institute for Information Technology Bangalore (IIIT-B), Citizens for Sustainability, World Resources Institute, Shakti Foundation, Shell Technology Centre, Global Business Inroads and India Smart Grid Forum.
Tags: air pollution • Electric Vehicles • Environment Policies • India-UK • Innovate UK
Sahara Group recently announced its entry into the automobile sector with plans of launching electric vehicles under the brand name ‘Sahara Evols’.
The Sahara business group plans to offer a wide range of electric vehicles (EVs) along with advanced allied services. The entry into electric vehicle business is a move to push adoption in Tier II and III cities.
About Sahara Evols
- Variants: Its product portfolio comprises variants of electric scooters, three-wheelers, motorcycles, and cargo vehicles. It will also introduce a network of battery-charging-cum-swapping stations.
- Coverage: Sahara Evols will start from Lucknow and will further establish its ecosystem in India’s Tier-II and Tier-III cities by the end of financial year 2019-2020 in a phased manner. The company will roll out its products and services pan-India in the next financial year (2020-2021).
- Features: The Sahara Evols electric vehicles are powered by dry lithium-ion batteries. Their cost of driving in an average can go as low as 20paise per kilometer (against driving cost of Rs.2 per kilometer on petrol vehicles). This will entail direct and substantial economic benefits to its users.