Electric Vehicles Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Council (PM-STIAC) has identified nine national missions to address major scientific challenges to ensure India’s sustainable development. Through the nine missions, the PM-STIAC aims to facilitate collaboration to solve complex problems.
Nine Missions Identified
Natural Language Translation
Through a combination of machine and human translation, the mission aims to enable access to teaching and research material bilingually i.e. in English and one’s native Indian language.
This mission aims to initiate works in control of the quantum mechanical systems, with a large number of degrees of freedom, as one of the great contemporary challenges in fundamental science and technology.
The mission focuses on efforts that will benefit India in addressing societal needs in areas such as healthcare, education, agriculture, smart cities and infrastructure, including smart mobility and transportation
National Biodiversity Mission
This mission involves
- Comprehensive documentation of India’s biodiversity with the potential for cataloguing and mapping all lifeforms in India including associated cultural and traditional practices.
- Assessment of the distribution and conservation status of India’s biodiversity.
- Development of a cadre of professionals adept at handling large sets of environmental data for management and monitoring of biodiversity.
- Expansion of knowledge in ecosystem functioning that will inform restoration efforts.
- Establishment of a vibrant biodiversity based economy on a solid foundation of reliable information, engagement with the public.
- Enhanced options for agricultural production and livelihood security and the general well-being of society.
The mission aims to reduce India’s fossil fuel emissions and mitigate emissions by making Electric Vehicles economical and scalable through focused research, development and innovation and building of indigenous capacity.
BioScience for Human Health
The mission through the use of healthy and disease samples aims to understand the impact of nature and nurture on health. The mission aims to construct comprehensive reference maps of genomes and to understand the dynamics of how exposure to different environments have an impact on our bodies.
Waste To Wealth
The mission aims to identify, develop and deploy technologies to treat waste to generate energy, recycle materials and extract worth. The mission will work to identify and support the development of new technologies that hold promise in creating a clean and green environment.
Deep Ocean Exploration
The mission aims to scientifically explore the deep oceans towards improving our understanding of the blue frontier. The information from this mission will address issues arising from long term changes in the ocean due to climate change.
This mission aims to support the national efforts to boost the innovation ecosystem in the country by connecting innovators across the industry, individuals and the grassroots to the market and helping commercialise innovative solutions. It will provide a platform for innovators to bring their technology ready products and solutions to industry 6 and the market thereby helping propel techno-entrepreneurship which can usher a new era of inclusive socio-economic growth.
Tags: Agnii • Artificial Intelligence • BioScience for Human Health • Deep Ocean Exploration • Electric Vehicles
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved Rs 10,000 crore package over three years till 2022 for the second phase of Faster Adoption & Manufacturing of Electric (and hybrid) vehicles (FAME) scheme.
FAME II Scheme
- The FAME scheme is aimed at encouraging faster adoption of Electric and hybrid vehicle by way of offering an upfront incentive on the purchase of Electric vehicles and also by way of establishing a necessary charging Infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- FAME II emphasizes on electrification of the public transportation that includes shared transport.
- The Scheme would provide incentives on operational expenditure model for electric buses which will be delivered through State/city transport corporation (STUs).
- In the 3-wheeler and 4-wheeler segment incentives will be applicable mainly to vehicles used for public transport or registered for commercial purposes.
- In the 2-wheeler segment, the focus would be on private vehicles.
- The Scheme aims to support 10 Lakhs e-2W, 5 Lakhs e-3W, 55000 4Ws and 7000 Buses.
- The benefit of incentives will be extended for only those vehicles which are fitted with an advanced battery like a Lithium-Ion battery and other new technology batteries.
- The Scheme also proposes for the establishment of charging infrastructure, whereby about 2700 charging stations will be established across the country so that there is an availability of at least one charging station in a grid of 3 km x 3 km.
FAME-II is the expanded version of the present scheme titled FAME India 1 which was launched on 1st April 2015.