Electronics Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a series of new initiatives at the Start-Up Summit at New Delhi
Highlights of the summit
- The MeitY Startup Hub was launched. The Hub will facilitate the vision of the Ministry towards technology, startups, innovation and creation of intellectual properties. The Software Technology Parks of India will act as the nodal agency in implementing the scheme
- The summit aims to bring the key stake holders and startups of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) together
- During the summit the entrepreneurs and startups will share effective techniques and strategies.
- The participators of the summit will also work together to bring in focus of venture capital and government around their processes and strategies.
Highlights of the Ministers’ speech in the event
- “Reform, Preform and Transform” are the key focus areas of the GoI
- The Transformation Technology schemes in India are playing a vital role. It includes Digital India, make in India, Startup India and Smart Cities
- The Digital Initiatives like eNam, Digital payments and eVisas have shown tremendous maturity and growth
- Around 1.25 lakh Gram Panchayats are connected to optical fiber.
- The TIDE-Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs launched in 2008 and the TIDE 2.0 version launched in June 2018 has multi prolonged approach in diverse areas like ICT, management and Electronics.
Tags: Communication • Digital India • Electronics • Electronics Sector • ICT
The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) inked between India and Sri Lanka for promoting cooperation in field of Information Technology and Electronics (IT&E). The MoU was signed in January 2018 during the visit of Minister of Electronics & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad to Sri Lanka.
The MoU intends to promote closer co-operation in areas of e-Governance, e-Public Services Delivery, m-Governance, cyber security, software technology parks, start-ups ecosystem etc. It will also enhance bilateral cooperation in ICT domain both B2B and G2G. It will be implemented by establishing Working Group on IT&E composed of representatives of two countries.
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has been mandated to promote international cooperation in emerging and frontier areas of ICT under bilateral and regional framework of cooperation. Under this mandate, MeitY has entered into MoUs/Agreements with counterpart organizations and agencies of various countries to promote close cooperation and exchange of information in field of ICT.