Electronics Current Affairs - 2020
On March 21, 2020, the union cabinet chaired by PM Modi approved the Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters Scheme 2.0 (EMC 2.0). The scheme aims at improving the growth of Electronics System Design and Manufacturing sector.
The scheme aims at developing entrepreneurial ecosystem, increase employment opportunities, attract investment. It will support setting up of Electronics Manufacturing Clusters.
These clusters set up under the 2.0 scheme will aid in setting up of common facility centres for the Electronic Manufacturing Clusters.
The scheme will help in availability of ready infrastructure to attract investment in electronics sector. It will also attract new investments in the electronics industry and help in increasing employment opportunities.
The scheme is to run for 8 years. The amount allocated to the scheme is Rs 3,762.25 crores.
Electronic Manufacturing Cluster Scheme
Under the EMC scheme, the GoI has approved 20 Greenfield EMCs. An amount of Rs 1,557 crores have been allocated for the scheme so far. It is essential to deepen such schemes in the country to increase electronics value chain in the country.
Tags: Electronics • Electronics Manufacturing Cluster • Electronics Sector • funds • Manufacturing
The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a series of new initiatives at the Start-Up Summit at New Delhi
Highlights of the summit
- The MeitY Startup Hub was launched. The Hub will facilitate the vision of the Ministry towards technology, startups, innovation and creation of intellectual properties. The Software Technology Parks of India will act as the nodal agency in implementing the scheme
- The summit aims to bring the key stake holders and startups of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) together
- During the summit the entrepreneurs and startups will share effective techniques and strategies.
- The participators of the summit will also work together to bring in focus of venture capital and government around their processes and strategies.
Highlights of the Ministers’ speech in the event
- “Reform, Preform and Transform” are the key focus areas of the GoI
- The Transformation Technology schemes in India are playing a vital role. It includes Digital India, make in India, Startup India and Smart Cities
- The Digital Initiatives like eNam, Digital payments and eVisas have shown tremendous maturity and growth
- Around 1.25 lakh Gram Panchayats are connected to optical fiber.
- The TIDE-Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs launched in 2008 and the TIDE 2.0 version launched in June 2018 has multi prolonged approach in diverse areas like ICT, management and Electronics.