Eminent Konkani writer Dr. Madhavi Sardesai Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Eminent Konkani writer, critic and linguist Dr. Madhavi Sardesai passed away on 22nd December 2014. She was 52 years old.
She was the recipient of recently announced Sahitya Akademi award 2014 for her book ‘Manthan’ an anthology, of critical essays in Konkani language.
About Dr. Madhavi Sardesai
- She was well-known scholar, publisher and writer who worked mainly in the Konkani language and was niece of Gyanpeeth Awardee Konkani writer Ravindra Kelekar.
- Currently, she was head of Goa University’s Konkani Department where she was professor since 1992.
- She was also the Executive Editor of the Jaag monthly and been its editor since August 2007.
- Awards: She had received Sahitya Akademi Award for translation of her book ‘‘Eka Vicharachi Jivit Katha’ on Gandhi’s Life.
- Contribution to Konkani: Bhaasaabhaas-1993, Eka Vicharachi Jivit Katha (Eternal Story of a Thought)-1993, Mankullo Raj Kunvor a translation of the children’s novelette (The Little Prince) from French into Konkani. She also had contributed to poems, essays, short-stories, research papers on the Konkani language, literature and linguistics.