English Current Affairs - 2020
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has said that in order to curb fake, sub-standard and expired drugs drug names and expiry date during tendering will be in Hindi/regional language along with English.
In the beginning, the proposal will be implemented for Iron tablets and polio drops as they are the drugs most commonly administered to children at government centres. The Health Ministry has stated that if the rollout is successful and the feedback encouraging, then the proposal could be extended to other medicines.
The government has taken the step to ensure that those seeking drugs under government schemes have access to all the requisite information about them. The decision to incorporate regional languages was taken as per the advisory of the Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB).
Drugs Technical Advisory Board
Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB) is the highest statutory decision-making body on technical matters related to drugs in the country. It is constituted as per the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940. It is part of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Tags: CDSCO • Central Drugs Standard Control Organization • Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 • Drugs Technical Advisory Board • DTAB
My Circle App was launched by Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO). My Circle app aims to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
My Circle App
- My Circle app enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Oriya, and Gujarati.
- A woman in distress can send an SOS alert by pressing the SOS prompt on the app.
- The SOS alert can also be activated by voice command through Siri on iOS and the statement by Airtel has stated that he voice activation through Google Assistant will soon be available on Android devices also.
- the SOS alert will send the user’s location over SMS to the five contacts selected by the user and advise them to immediately reach out or respond to the emergency situation.
- The app also enables the family or friends to track the location on real time through the link that is sent as part of the alert SM
- The free-to-download app is available on Google Play store (Android) and will be available on the App Store (iOS) soon.
My Circle App is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.