Entertainment Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Legendary US writer, actor, and comedian Garry Shandling passed away in Los Angeles due to heart attack. He was 66.
He has influenced a generation of comedians with his Emmy Award winning TV series, ‘It’s Garry Shandling’s Show’.
About Garry Shandling
- Shandling’s had started his career as a writer in the 1970’s television show Sanford and Son.
- He was known for breaking the fourth wall and speaking directly to the audience in his show which was aired from 1986 to 1990.
- From 1992 to 1998, he starred in the critically acclaimed Larry Sanders Show.
- He had served as host of the Grammy Awards for 4 times and as host of the Emmy Awards for 3 times.
- He also had acted in movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 2, Dr Dolittle, Over the Hedge and Zoolander.
- Awards and Honours: He was nominated for 19 Primetime Emmy Awards and 2 Golden Globe Awards, along with many other awards and nominations.
Kerala’s popular Kadhaprasangam (story telling) artiste and Malayalam film actor V D Rajappan passed away in Kottayam. He was 70.
He was best known for his comic roles and for his unique style of stand-up comedy. He was known for his unique style of presenting Kadhaprasangam in a satirical manner.
About V D Rajappan
- He had started his film career in 1982 with the 1982 film Kakka and since then has acted in more than 81 films, 32 parody kathaprasangam pieces and in more than 6000 stage performances.
- He acted in movies like Kakka, Kattupothu, Kuyilinethedi, Kusruthikkattu and Engane Nee Marakkum. His last movie was Ok Chacko Cochin Mumbai.
- His memorable comedy roles as Kadhaprasangams were seen in Kumari Eruma, Priye Ninte Kura, Mak Mak, Pothu Puthri, Amittu and Ennennum Kurangettandeh.
- He was best known for composing comic pieces with animals as characters. Priye Ninte Kora, Pothuputhri, Chikayunna Sundari were some among them.
- He is considered as the God father of Parody songs in Malayalam.
Kadhaprasangam: It was a hugely popular performing art in Kerala. It is performed by just one person who tells the story by acting, speaking and singing and at times playing musical instruments as well.