ESIC Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) was awarded ISSA (International Social Security Association) ISSA Good Practice Award for Administrative Solution for Coverage Extension at Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and Pacific held at Kuala Lumpur, capital Malaysia.
The award was given to ESIC in recognition of its measures taken for extension of coverage Scheme for Promoting Registration of Employers and Employees (SPREE), reduced rate of contribution rates for 24 months in newly implemented areas and raising wage limit for coverage under ESI Act, etc.
Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and the Pacific is triennial (held every three year) forum that provides unique opportunities to CEOs and Managers of ISSA Member Institutions to discuss key social security challenges and share their experiences. It is most important social security event in Asia-Pacific region. For this forum, ISSA invites submissions for ISSA Good Practices Award for Asia and Pacific Regions.
International Social Security Association (ISSA)
It is principal international organization for Social Security Organizations, Governments and Departments of Social Security. It was founded in 1927 under auspices of International Labour Organization (ILO). It has its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland in ILO. Its mandate is to promotes excellence in social security administration through professional guidelines, expert knowledge, services and support to enable its Members to develop dynamic social security systems. ISSA has more than 330 member organizations in 158 countries.
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
ESIC is autonomous corporation under Union Ministry of Labour and Employment, which manages employee’s state insurance i.e. self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. It is statutory body established under Employees State Insurance Act, 1948. It is headquartered in New Delhi. ESIC hosts ISSA Liaison Office for South Asia in New Delhi. This liasion office coordinates with member countries and social security institutions in Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Iran on activities of ISSA related to social security.
The first phase of ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation) Pilot Project of Telemedicine Services was launched for providing specialist medical services at a distance to insured workers.
It was launched by the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya in New Delhi.
- In the first phase, ESIC Model Hospital at Basaidarapur has been connected with three ESIS dispensaries at Katihar (Bihar), Unnao (Uttar Pradesh) and Rudarpur (Uttarakhand).
- ESIC has been launched as pilot project for telemedicine services at 11 ESI locations in coordination with C-DAC, Mohali.
- It was launched under the aegis of “Digital Inclusive and Smart Community (DISC)” which is a part of Digital India Programme of Union Government.
- Under it, three specialized ESIC Hospitals will be connected with eight ESI Dispensaries at remote locations of country where there are no specialized healthcare services available.
- In second and third phase rest of the two Hospitals and five Dispensaries will be connected for providing specialized health care services at the doorsteps of insured workers.