Events Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The first ever global conference to strengthen Arbitration and Enforcement in India was held in New Delhi.
The 3-day Conference was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on 21 October 2016.
- The conference aims to provide impetus to commercial arbitration in country or faster and efficient dispute resolution outside the court room.
- It was started with title ‘National Initiative On Strengthening Arbitration and Enforcement’. It was held to change the face of dispute resolution in India.
- For the first time six leading international arbitral institutions and all major industry associations had participated in it.
- Discussions on Indian Arbitration Act, Case Management of Arbitration, Setting up an world class autonomous arbitration institution and court support for arbitration were held.
The conference comes the backdrop of the immense losses suffered by the business enterprises and the economy at large, due to backlogs involved in dispute resolution in Indian courts. This has kept money and resources of the businesses trapped till the final resolution of the dispute is resolved. It is considered as major disincentive for foreign companies coming to invest in India and also affected ease of doing business environment of the country.
The Election Commission of India hosted the first ever International Conference on Voter Education in New Delhi.
The three day (from 19 to 21 October, 2016) conference was inaugurated by the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Dr Nasim Zaidi.
- The topic of the first of its kind conference is Voter Education for Inclusive, Informed and Ethical Participation. 27 countries and 5 international organizations are participating in it.
- It has been organized with an aim to share best practices, initiatives and policies of voter education by election management bodies.
- It aims at achieving a resolution to strengthen inclusive, ethical and informed electoral participation among member countries with the help of voter education and outreach.
- It will deliberate upon five topics ranging from Role of Information Communication Technology in Voter Education, Electoral Literacy to Enhanced participation by special categories of voters and Strategies for Informed and Ethical Voting.
- The Conference will see the launch of the ambitious VoICE.NET project, a Global Knowledge Network on voter education.
- Besides, an exhibition showcasing Voter Education tools and materials will be also organized on the occasion.