Events Current Affairs - 2020
The first National Conference of Investigating Agencies was held from August 12 to 13, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The two-day conference was inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The conference was attended by more than 100 delegates from States/UTs/Central Police Organisations.
- The conference was organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in coordination with National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- The purpose of the first of its kind conference was to provide an annual national platform to all the officers of law enforcement agencies engaged in investigation tasks.
- The agenda of the Conference was to: Discuss the latest laws and judgements and their implications for investigation and prosecution.
- Deliberate on new legislation and criminal law amendments for meeting new challenges in investigation.
- Adoption of latest technology in forensic sciences for professional and expeditious investigation.
- Share best practices followed by different investigation agencies which could be implemented by others.
Tags: Events • Investigative Agencies • National
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched a social media campaign to mark the Daughters Day on 11th August.
It was launched by Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi in New Delhi.
- The social media campaign seeks to engage citizens to celebrate the young women and girls in their lives and spread the message of valuing the girl child.
- Besides, this campaign government is going to celebrate as Daughters’ Week from 14 to 21 August 2016 as part of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme.
- The ministry has also invited people to tweet their pictures with their daughters-in-law and grand-daughters with #BBPDaughtersWeek.
- The Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme to check female foeticide, improve sex ratio and educate girls across India.