Events Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 24th edition of New Delhi World Book Fair began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani.
This year the theme of fair is “Vivid Bharat – Diverse India” based on Cultural Heritage of India. China has been accorded the Guest of Honour Country status for this edition of fair.
The message of India-China partnership for the New Delhi Book Fair 2016 is “Renaissance of Civilizations- Understanding through exchanges“.
- The nine-day event has been organised by National Book Trust (NBT), an apex body of the under the Union HRD Ministry and India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) is the Co-organizer.
- Over 1,500 exhibitors from all over India and 30 countries are participating in this year’s fair along with International agencies like WHO and UNESCO.
- Over 1,000 titles in major Indian languages on language, philosophy and literature from ancient to contemporary times are on display
- Besides, the fair is also hosting many publishing and literary conferences, emerging new voices in Indian writing as well as special programmes for children and youth.
About New Delhi World Book Fair
The New Delhi Book Fair is India’s oldest book fair organized annually at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The 1st Delhi Book Fair Was held in March 1972 and was inaugurated by then President of India VV Giri.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 103rd edition of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) on January 3, 2016 in Mysuru, Karnataka.
The theme of this edition of the Congress is “Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India.”
During the inaugural speech Prime Minister gave a new mantra comprising five Es – “Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy and Equity”.
- The Congress aims to bring together eminent scientists, research scholars to popularize science and foster a scientific temperament.
- The 5 day event (ending on 7 January) will witness deliberations and presentation of papers by the scientific fraternity from across the globe.
- Over 100 eminent scientists from different universities and research institutions are going to deliver plenary talks at the congress on subjects like Space Science, Nano Science, Technology & Applications, Evolution: The Frontiers, Atomic Energy, Safe water, Diabetes, and sanitation, Public-Private partnership for the Swachh Bharat Mission and Diseases and drug development.
- The key speakers of this edition of congress will be Noble laureates Arthur B McDonald (US), Dan Schetman (Israel), John Gurdan (UK), Serge Haroche (France), David J Gross (US) and Fields Medalist mathematician Manjul Bhargava.
- The 5th Women’s Science Congress was inaugurated on January 4, 2015. While the Children Science Congress was inaugurated by Nobel Laureate John B Gurdon.