Events Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
International Indigenous Terra Madre- 2015 kicked off in Shillong, Meghalaya with theme The Future We Want: Indigenous Perspectives and Actions.
The five day-long unique event will bring over a 100 tribes from 58 countries including from 17 Asian countries, 14 African countries, 12 American countries, 8 European countries and 7 Oceanian countries.
- It has been organised as collaboration between Slow Food, North East Slow Food and Agro biodiversity Society (NESFAS) and Indigenous Partnership for Agro biodiversity and Food Sovereignty (Indigenous Partnership).
- The five-day international fiesta will celebrate the biological and cultural diversity of indigenous communities as expressed in their songs, folklores, dance, dress and food systems that have evolved and passed on from generation to generation in close interaction with nature.
Tera Madre is a network of Indigenous food communities involved in promotion of Indigenous culture as well as conservation of bio-diversity.
Union Government has announced it plans to implement the Sendai framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 in letter and spirit.
It was announced by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Kiren Rijiju after inaugurating a workshop on Enhancing Private Sector Partnership for Disaster Risk Reduction in New Delhi.
About Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030
- It was adopted during the third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan in March 2015.
- Its adaptation involves adopting integrated and inclusive institutional measures in order to work towards preventing vulnerability to disaster.
- It also seeks to increase preparedness for response and recovery and strengthen resilience in case of disaster.
- It opts for considering the experience gained through international and the regional strategies/institutions and plans for disaster risk reduction.