Events Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Ranchi Rays won the third edition of Champions of Hero Hockey India League (HHIL) 2015. In the final match they defeated Jaypee Punjab Warriors by score of 3-2 in the penalty shootout after 2-2 tie in regular time match.
With this Jaypee Punjab Warriors took second position followed by Delhi Waveriders in third position.
Awards from the Hero Hockey India League (HHIL) 2015
- Hero Goal of the Day- Barry Middleton of Ranchi Rays.
- Man-of the-Match- Tyler Lovell of Ranchi Rays.
- Hero Most Valuable Player of the Tournament- Ashley Jackson of Ranchi Rays
- Dhruv Batra Motivator of the Tournament- PR Sreejesh.
- Ponty Chadha Trophy for Upcoming Player of the Tournament- Harmanpreet Singh of Uttar Pradesh Wizards.
- Airtel Award for Most Goals in the Tournament- Jaypee Punjab Warriors.
About Hockey India League
Hockey India League is organized by Hockey India. Number of teams is Five which are franchisee based. Teams have players from India and around the world. The event is sanctioned by International Hockey Federation (FIH).
The first National Tribal Festival ‘Vanaj’ concluded on 18 February 2015 in New Delhi.
It was organised by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Jual Oram on 13 February 2015 at the Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi.
- The aim of weeklong National Tribal Festival was to bridge the gaps of social divide and promote tribal culture in India.
- The purpose of the festival was to uplift the quality of tribal lives of the country in order to conserve and promote their distinctive cultures by providing them national platform.
- More than 900 folk and tribal artists from states like Assam, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagaland, Odisha, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal participated in it.
- Maiden edition of the festival showcased the rich diversity of Tribal culture, art, painting, music, dance, tribal medicine, tribal food, and a special attraction- tribal cuisine.
- The events of this festival were held at three venues in Delhi which included Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Baba Kharak Singh Marg and Central Park in Connaught Place.
- Tribal market was also recreated at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, which provided tribals from different states platform to sell the rural crafts, herbs and medicines etc.