Fake Notes Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Students from IIT- Kharagpur has devised a code for a Smartphone application to address the problem of detecting fake Indian currency.
Detecting Fake Currency
- Students of IIT- Kharagpur has developed an image processing application which can detect counterfeit currency.
- A user can upload a currency note image and the mobile app would verify its authenticity using 25 features extracted from the front and rear side of the currency note.
- If the app finds the discrepancies with the features it reports about the failure checkpoints.
Smart India Hackathon 2019
Smart India Hackathon 2019 organised by Ministry of Human Resource and Development in association with AICTE, i4c and Persistent Systems provided a unique Open Innovation Model for identifying new and disruptive technology innovations to solve the challenges faced in the country.
Smart India Hackathon aimed to
- Harness creativity & expertise of students
- Spark institute-level hackathons
- Build funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign
- Crowdsource solutions for improving governance and quality of life
- Provide an opportunity for citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems.
Smart India Hackathon 2019 together with earlier editions in 2017 and 2018 proved to be extremely successful in promoting innovation, out-of-the-box thinking in young minds, especially engineering students from across India.